User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decal removal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decal removal

So after sitting around the campfire the other night with the LED strip turned on, I noticed the 2 or 3 million bugs swarming around the door that I didn't want in the camper with us. I got the Deep Woods Off and fogged around the top of the door and along the LED strip and it did a nice job of killing them. We got in the camper with only a few following us in.
    The next morning I noticed the edges of the decal near the door has the edges curling and looks dissolved. I guess I applied the Off a little too heavy and some ran down the side of the camper. The DW is not very happy with me right now.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umph. Yep, vinyl decals can't take that. If GD no longer has the decal, a good sign shop can make you a replacement. Color matching, however, may require a two layer affair that will look thicker up close.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DEET based insect repellents will also ruin leather upholstery. We had some leak in the back seat of our car and ruined a couple of spots on the seat. Imagine what it's doing to our skin...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    So after sitting around the campfire the other night with the LED strip turned on, I noticed the 2 or 3 million bugs swarming around the door that I didn't want in the camper with us. I got the Deep Woods Off and fogged around the top of the door and along the LED strip and it did a nice job of killing them. We got in the camper with only a few following us in.
    The next morning I noticed the edges of the decal near the door has the edges curling and looks dissolved. I guess I applied the Off a little too heavy and some ran down the side of the camper. The DW is not very happy with me right now.
    Grand Design likely has the OEM decals in stock relatively inexpensive. I needed to order a few small decals for my 2017 337RLS. I called Colerain RV in Ohio as recommended by another member and they arranged direct delivery from factory to my Florida home.

Here’s the link for parts lookup for your 2019 2970RL https://granddesignrv.com/owner-supp...y/parts-lookup

And here is the email with Colerain RV contact info.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Grand Design likely has the OEM decals in stock relatively inexpensive. ...
    Not in my experience. We had to remove the big decal on the top of our nose due to deterioration. Asked at the dealer how much to purchase new one? $150.00 Um, no thanks, we'll just go without.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 07-16-2020 at 05:12 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decal is ordered from local dealer, they said decal would be $5 and shipping at least double that.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    Decal is ordered from local dealer, they said decal would be $5 and shipping at least double that.
    Sounds about right. My approx 10”x 48” swirl decal cost $13.45 delivered to my house.

It was shipped up rolled into a cardboard tube to prevent creasing and shipping damage.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, my trailer was stored in Florida outdoors but out of sunlight and weather. Even though the trailer was a little over 3 years old the decal pealed right off easily in one piece.

Spayed some soapy water on the trailer which allowed me to slide and position the decal. Once it was in the proper position I used credit card covered with a cloth to squeeze out the water and set the decal.
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    DEET based insect repellents will also ruin leather upholstery.
    They will also remove the control markings from a $5,000 Nikon camera. Many uses for that stuff but nothing compares to its ability to keep the bugs away.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats crazy! At Lazy Days in Arizona now, Wife and I are hopefully buying a 2018 397TH tomorrow. We saw in the photo's a week ago that the rig we are interested in doesn't have a sticker/decal either. My first instinct was it has been hit and work done to it. When we saw it today I was looking all around the cap for signs of repair but everything looked fine. Even asked the salesman to contact the previous owner to inquire. We started noticing a few other GD's without decals at the campground they put us in while they get it ready and that puzzled us. Then stumbled across this. Good to know, and wonder if thats the case with mine. Scary something as innocent as bug spray can do so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast