User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2 cents here will probably get me blackballed, but here goes. I vote for hydraulics for two reasons:

1. Having had a blowout (Westlake) the first year we had our Solitude 379FL I did not know that there was no need to jack up that very heavy beast to change the tire. I found out quite by accident that I could jack up one side to lift the wheels off the ground. Never gonna use that manual jack again.

2. After number one above, I found that I can lift all four wheels off the ground, as I have done for the past two winters. I've had no problems (knock on my hard head) with the unit or the hydraulic system and will continue doing so. My tires sure are happy!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Fireside Member Jefferson Beifuss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think this forum blackballs except for politics and Chevy owners. I would agree with the commercial poster who said to find the floor plan you like and go with it. I am the flip-side of the previous poster. My rig is a 2015 GD 337RLS, which is electric jacks, not even self leveling. How retro is that! I pull out an old fashioned 4' level to start my campsite setup! I have replaced the switches front and rear, but they are available from any RV parts store and take 5 minutes to install.

The key is to get out there and get camping (safely).
    Jeff & Jean
    2015 GD Reflection 337RLS, Goodyear Endurance tires, JT Strongarm stabilizers
    2015 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat, w/ Sulastic spring shackles, Rancho shocks, airbag, 80 gal supplemental fuel tank, Curt Q20 hitch, Access rollup cover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotime4 View Post
    Is one more reliable? Easier to fix? Speed?

I guess i am just confused between the difference of the two?
    The Main difference is a hydraulic system can lift the entire RV up as much as a foot on one side or both sides no longer needing to drive up on blocks to level. "Electronic Levels" are basically "Electronic stabilizers" They basically eliminate the need to crank down manually the stabilizers so you
    don't feel people walking in the RV....they should be called "electronic stabilizers".

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LarJam View Post
    The Main difference is a hydraulic system can lift the entire RV up as much as a foot on one side or both sides no longer needing to drive up on blocks to level. "Electronic Levels" are basically "Electronic stabilizers" They basically eliminate the need to crank down manually the stabilizers so you
    don't feel people walking in the RV....they should be called "electronic stabilizers".
    I can easily lift my 303 Reflection fifth wheel off the ground using the electric stabilizers. They have plenty of power to lift wheels off the ground. However, I use boards under one set of wheels to level the trailer side to side to take the strain off the stabilizers and trailer frame. Having had both hydraulic and electric stabilizers, I prefer electric as they don’t leak down over time like the hydraulic ones did.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadiansteelman View Post
    I prefer electric as they don’t leak down over time like the hydraulic ones did.
    We've been parked in the same spot for 7 months and our hydraulic jacks haven't leaked down at all.

I've had electric levelers as well and they worked fine for me.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    We've been parked in the same spot for 7 months and our hydraulic jacks haven't leaked down at all.

I've had electric levelers as well and they worked fine for me.
    On my 2016 Keystone Alpine I had to reset the hydraulic stabilizers once a month as they had a very slow leak. Dealer told me this was quite common on the hydraulic stabilizers and not much could be done about it.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should probably learn a thing or two before posting. Not true at all.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be thinking of the stabilizers on the travel trailers. What you are saying is inaccurate if you're talking about the electric auto-leveling systems on the Reflection fifth wheels and Solitude S-Class fifth wheels.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, sorry but just plain wrong. I use mine to lift rig when pulling the wheels to repack the wheel bearings, and on at least two occasions the tires on one side were off the ground in an unlevel site for the duration of the camping trip. They work just fine, but as stated they are 50% slower than hydraulic.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha...5 mins instead of 3 minutes...big deal huh? Our travel partner with a Montana 3120 has had nothing but trouble with the hydraulic system since they've owned it. Sure, I'll give that the service should have fixed it by now but the last time we traveled, they had to tie up one of the rear jacks because it would drop while driving. To even hint that the hydraulic systems are anywhere near as dependable as the electric systems is total bs...slides included. The hydraulic system is another separate system needed because of weight. Just like anything else, most work, some don't and when they don't, its a major pain in the butt. If I were to move up from our Reflection, it would probably be to an S class Solitude, just because its electric, not hydraulic.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast