User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naanderson321 View Post
    I have not yet, but am going to try this, I actually have not ran anything with the genny yet. I have only ran the genny a couple times just to test it actually ran, need to get gas, and real gas too, not ethanol gas before I do. Will try before this weekend so I can do a driveway test of this.
    Any updates on this?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I ran the genset a few minutes then turned one A/C on and then most lights. Turned the fridge on for a few minutes then shut it off. Genset shut of on it's own after about 45 minutes, and yes I noticed the flashing Iights this time�� 3 blinks - pause- 6 blinks (36) manual states something about the fuel pickup. Camper is in the yard and fairly level. Taking to dealer tomorrow for safety inspection and minor warranty issues. Will probably have to leave it. Keep you posted!
    Last edited by Lucky One; 11-08-2020 at 11:16 AM.
    Shortleggs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Subvet0615 View Post
    Have you tried running both a/c's off the generator again?
    Yes, I have, under same conditions above. and same results. Everything ran fine. I was actually kind of surprised.
    Neil and Joyce Anderson
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 29G
    2010 F350SD Dually / 2019 Harley Ultra Limited (Mine) / 2016 Harley Street Glide (Wife's)
    Might get to retire someday if we ever stop spending money!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally picked up 29G from dealer, ran gen for 1.5 hours with 1 a/c running and some lights, no issues.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also had same problems with my onan 5500. I have three a/c units and it will easily run 2 at a time. The gen is rated at 45 amps. My first issue was that the dealer gave me an extra battery and hooked the generator up to the second battery. Gen would run until the battery ran down and then shut off. Found out that the gen does not have a charging circuit so battery was running down and gen would stop for lack of 12v power. Solved with connecting two batteries together so it would get charged. Second issue was with the 36 code. Drove me crazy. The stock gen fuel pump is mounted on the gen and pulls fuel from the tank to the gen (a long ways). Pumps are meant to push not pull. My gen was starving for fuel. I installed another pump near gen with same results. Finally put the pump back by the fuel tank and problem was solved. Had to run the power wire back to it but am relieved that the thing now works as intended.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12