User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. When I got home from our trip I did a better inspection. I saw that there was water leaking from above the valve body. I took a couple of the underbelly lining screws off and saw water coming down from above the valve. With only taking a few bolts off I couldn't see exactly where the leak was so I suspect it's more of a fix than I want to do. So back to the dealer it goes. One thing I found out is, as soon as the water level gets down to about a third of a tank it stops. So the pressure certainly has something to do with it. Not sure if the leak is coming from some connection on the back side if the tank. Thanks again everyone. Will post what the problem was and the fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryball View Post
    Thanks everyone. When I got home from our trip I did a better inspection. I saw that there was water leaking from above the valve body. I took a couple of the underbelly lining screws off and saw water coming down from above the valve. With only taking a few bolts off I couldn't see exactly where the leak was so I suspect it's more of a fix than I want to do. So back to the dealer it goes. One thing I found out is, as soon as the water level gets down to about a third of a tank it stops. So the pressure certainly has something to do with it. Not sure if the leak is coming from some connection on the back side if the tank. Thanks again everyone. Will post what the problem was and the fix.
    I have the same problem with my 2600RB. Did you get your leak fixed?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
    I have the same problem with my 2600RB. Did you get your leak fixed?
    Yes, I had it fixed. Actually, my dealership (Happy Days in Sacramento) found there was a crack on the corner just about the valve. They ordered a new tank and said it would be over two months before it could be available to install. So, I told them no way was going to wait 2 months to use my trailer, so they patched up the crack/leak with a fiberglass patch kit. That was some time ago and Happy Days did call when the tank was in (over 3 months) but I will not let them touch my trailer because of their total incompetence. As of right now, I've had no problems with the leak. If it does develop, I will then have the dealership replace the tank.
    Gerry & JoAnn Filippi
    2022 Dodge Laramie 2500 Diesel 4x4
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    Plumas County, CA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12