User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh Water Drain Leaking

My fresh water drain valve started leaking out of 3 of the 4 screws and looks like there is water dripping from the black foam insulation. Does anyone have a quick fix to get me by until I can get my rig into the dealership for repairs.
    Gerry & JoAnn Filippi
    2022 Dodge Laramie 2500 Diesel 4x4
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    Plumas County, CA

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That valve is fairly easy to access. I would just pull the flange/valve off and change the gasket on it. Might even be worthwhile to try to cycle the valve a few times first and see if maybe some debris got lodged in the seat causing a leak. I'm pretty sure they are 2 inch valves.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite rare to see water leaking from the fresh drain assembly valve......not sure I recall one over the years. We have however, seen where folks have towed in heavy including Carol and me and water is dripping from above the coreplast looking as though the fresh water drain or tank or other is leaking.

Any pictures to share ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure it coming from the valve. Being a dumbass I was filling the tank and forgot about it and when the water started coming out the overflow drain I scrambled and I think the water pressure from the hose blew the seals and connection.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if the drain valve/flange is threaded on one end?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryball View Post
    The flange connected to the tank is most likely glued on assuming it is the same as the gray and black tanks. The valve is connected to the flange with 4 nuts and bolts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks. Will check it out when I get home.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be possible, each rig can be differently made than another.
    I recently read another owner able to unscrew the valve from his TT's fresh water tank.
    The tank had female threads. The valve had a male adapter glued to the top of it.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure it coming from the valve. Being a dumbass I was filling the tank and forgot about it and when the water started coming out the overflow drain I scrambled and I think the water pressure from the hose blew the seals and connection.
    I doubt that caused the problem, which raises serious doubt about you being a dumbass.

As long as the overflow is not constricted it should do what it's designed to do without creating strain on anything. It's designed to allow water from an overfull tank to escape. A lot of us usually deliberately fill our tanks the way you did accidentally.

I'd be more inclined to suspect sloppy installation - maybe screwed on too tightly? - and the stress of filling the tank a few times plus some hot weather and a little shaking has revealed it.

I don't have any expert advice for getting by with it other than to tell you the obvious: there are plumbers products around designed to seal leaks. I remember a fabric tape that is soaked in water and then formed around the leak where it hardens. I also remember a marine product in a tube. However I suspect these products will make the task of a proper repair later more challenging. You probably don't want to give the dealer any excuse to whiff off your repair. Others have suggested self-repairs which will probably preclude you having to go back to the dealer at all.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 07-18-2020 at 02:17 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our rig, I got to a boon-docking site only to discover that our drain valve was missing and the tank empty. .
    Upon inspecting the left over pipe, the glue was not only minimal, it was only about 3/16ths at it's widest point and less in the other sparse areas it was applied. My assumption is, that the weight of the water, and the minimal glue surface area was a bad combo on mine.
    Probably a good idea to pull it apart and see what's happening. BTW, our's was a glue on style on the inlet/outlet sides of the valve.
    Hopefully, it's a simple fix for you.
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast