User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dropping Tailgate

I have a Ram 2500, is it possible to rotate the tongue jack on my TT so that I can drop the tailgate to access my generator when I am still hooked up?
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    I have a Ram 2500, is it possible to rotate the tongue jack on my TT so that I can drop the tailgate to access my generator when I am still hooked up?
    Possibly this thread will help. If not use words important to your situation in the Advance Search area in the upper right area. There have been a number of posts over the years with your concern and most rotating the jack as in this thread with pictures:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...=jack+tailgate

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All you can do is try. Properly support the trailer and spin the jack - its just 3 bolts (maybe 4) at the base of the jack housing where it bolts to the frame.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've rotated mine. Easy to do and there are many videos that show you how. Basic instructions:

Remove the 2 round rubber bolt covers on the sides of the jack head.
    Use socket wrench to remove the two bolts.
    Lift up and remove the jack head.
    There are 2 holes in the front and back.
    Using a 5/16" course thread tap install threads in those holes. (make sure you tap the holes nice and straight)
    Reinstall jack head in a sideways direction. (this will take a little jiggling and operating the jack motor to get the gears lined up and the jack head to sit down like it's supposed to).
    Install the original bolts in the front and back holes you tapped.
    Reinstall the rubber bolt covers.

15 minute project at the most. Check out YouTube, plenty of videos showing this procedure.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.