User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings from Tennessee

My wife and I are ordering our GD Momentum 320G in two weeks. We are retiring in Dec. Currently we live just south of Nashville, but we own a 10 acre farm in east Tennessee bordering the Cherokee National Forest in between Knoxville and Chattanooga. We grow garlic, yes garlic! Been growing for 5 years and have a small business built up.
    Looking at being on the road from Nov-April every year and back at the farm to harvest garlic in June/July. Plant in Nov than back out on the road!
    I am a vet (US Submarine Service) so we have moved and lived in many places (Hawaii, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Connecticut, New Jersey and Tennessee). We have done the camper progression! Tent, pop up, travel trailer and now ordering our 5th wheel toy hauler!
    Been looking and researching 5th wheels for about 2 years and the GD 320M has the quality and features we want. Just the two of us as our two sons are married and no grand kids as of yet.
    We have learned so much on here already. This is a great group with invaluable knowledge/experience! Looking to keep learning and some day possibly contribute as well!

Thanks!
    Gary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubVet#580 View Post
    My wife and I are ordering our GD Momentum 320G in two weeks. We are retiring in Dec. Currently we live just south of Nashville, but we own a 10 acre farm in east Tennessee bordering the Cherokee National Forest in between Knoxville and Chattanooga. We grow garlic, yes garlic! Been growing for 5 years and have a small business built up.
    Looking at being on the road from Nov-April every year and back at the farm to harvest garlic in June/July. Plant in Nov than back out on the road!
    I am a vet (US Submarine Service) so we have moved and lived in many places (Hawaii, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Connecticut, New Jersey and Tennessee). We have done the camper progression! Tent, pop up, travel trailer and now ordering our 5th wheel toy hauler!
    Been looking and researching 5th wheels for about 2 years and the GD 320M has the quality and features we want. Just the two of us as our two sons are married and no grand kids as of yet.
    We have learned so much on here already. This is a great group with invaluable knowledge/experience! Looking to keep learning and some day possibly contribute as well!

Thanks!
    Gary
    Welcome!
    This a great forum, much information here.
    Sounds like we are neighbors. Smyrna TN here.
    Neil and Joyce Anderson
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 29G
    2010 F350SD Dually / 2019 Harley Ultra Limited (Mine) / 2016 Harley Street Glide (Wife's)
    Might get to retire someday if we ever stop spending money!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats Gary! Thank you for your service to our country.

Glad you're here!

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both! We are neighbors for sure, we live in Nolensville (18 years).

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We lived in Nolensville too, and we absolutely loved the place. Still miss the sunsets from our back deck over those hills to the southwest. Went by last month, and our house was missing--burned 2 years ago. We live 90 miles south of you--5 mi. south of the AL border.

What dealer are you going to order your Momentum from?

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats.....From E. TN. We are in between Maryville and Vonore and love it here.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nolensville has grown! Has at least quadrupled in growth and population since we moved here! Getting a bit too crowded!
    We are going through Cookeville RV/Marine. We have been there and checked out the rigs. Since we are ordering it and not negotiating one off the lot we figured go with a local dealer with a decent rep.
    Dealer said about a 10 week lead time as we are getting full body paint, double pane windows and a few other upgrades. Should be in in mid to late Oct.

xrated,
    It is awesome in east Tennessee. Our farm is in Tellico Plains (8 miles outside town). My one son lives in Knoxville too.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubVet#580 View Post
    Nolensville has grown! Has at least quadrupled in growth and population since we moved here! Getting a bit too crowded!
    We are going through Cookeville RV/Marine. We have been there and checked out the rigs. Since we are ordering it and not negotiating one off the lot we figured go with a local dealer with a decent rep.
    Dealer said about a 10 week lead time as we are getting full body paint, double pane windows and a few other upgrades. Should be in in mid to late Oct.

xrated,
    It is awesome in east Tennessee. Our farm is in Tellico Plains (8 miles outside town). My one son lives in Knoxville too.
    Wow, that is pretty close. We ride motorcycles too and go through Tellico Plains a lot. Either on our way to the Skyway, or down 68 towards Ducktown or Murphy, etc. I agree, E. TN is an absolutely beautiful area and I'm glad we chose it when we moved here in 2006. Congrats again on the new G.D. and holler if you need anything.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you much! They have an awesome Amish Farmers Market outside of town. They are open everyday except Sundays. Open from April till about Oct. Super great folks and the BEST produce, jams, sauces, breads, cookies, etc anywhere! Folks drive from 40 miles and farther to get their items. They are busy at 9am daily as everyone wants the best variety! Our place is about 2 miles from them. If you are headed through Tellico, its about 5 miles out of town and worth the stop for sure. They have no electric so it is cash only. Worth a visit. Not sure if you have been to the museum in town either. Charles Hall Museum near the visitor center. There was a harley/motorcycle shop behind it but it closed. Museum is awesome. Its free but you can donate and the items they have in there is incredible. Worth a visit there as well!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We get through Tellico Plains at least one time per year--running the Cherohala Skyway.

Don't tell anyone about the 40 mile road into the wilderness going over to Robbinsville, NC because it might be discovered. I once went to Yosemite National Park, flew home and drove the Cherohala Skyway. It was just about as beautiful of scenery minus the waterfalls of Yosemite.

The region is about the pinnacle of motorcycle riding without all the gut wrenching turns of the Tail of the Dragon to the north.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast