User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson Kantleak valve (it does now)

This is more of an informational message that may help others. First big trip (3 weeks in the Rv) and on day 3 as I hook up the fresh water and turn it on , I remember I had turned the water selector to dry camp the day before. So UNDER PRESSURE, I twist the knob to city hook up. About 1/3 of way there the knob stops turning.... yep I had dislodged the O-rings in the four way valve. Being the resourceful RVer. I go online to see what havoc I have caused myself. Seemed pretty straightforward. Unscrew knob, remove set screw, pull out valve. Ok no problem, as I remove valve, I realize that I have permanently damaged one o-ring maybe two.
    Couple of Rv dealers and a camping world within 50 miles. Start making phone calls. FYI although this appears to be a common mistake made by newbies (like me), this part is not kept in stock.
    Now plan B. Ace hardware close by, go and buy four O-rings (replace them all)
    It Almost works. We are now able to brush our teeth and flush the toilet and that’s it. The o-rings are leaking and the city water leaks by and overflows the freshwater tank. The water leaks by the pump and the pump constantly cycles to build pressure
    There is not enough pressure built up to take a shower.
    The final fix is. I ordered two replacements on Amazon with a two week delivery window.
    We will be finishing the last week of our 3 week trip dry camping with no shower. The wife is not happy
    Final thought NEVER turn fresh water selector knob When it is under pressure

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlannLori View Post
    This is more of an informational message that may help others. First big trip (3 weeks in the Rv) and on day 3 as I hook up the fresh water and turn it on , I remember I had turned the water selector to dry camp the day before. So UNDER PRESSURE, I twist the knob to city hook up. About 1/3 of way there the knob stops turning.... yep I had dislodged the O-rings in the four way valve. Being the resourceful RVer. I go online to see what havoc I have caused myself. Seemed pretty straightforward. Unscrew knob, remove set screw, pull out valve. Ok no problem, as I remove valve, I realize that I have permanently damaged one o-ring maybe two.
    Couple of Rv dealers and a camping world within 50 miles. Start making phone calls. FYI although this appears to be a common mistake made by newbies (like me), this part is not kept in stock.
    Now plan B. Ace hardware close by, go and buy four O-rings (replace them all)
    It Almost works. We are now able to brush our teeth and flush the toilet and that’s it. The o-rings are leaking and the city water leaks by and overflows the freshwater tank. The water leaks by the pump and the pump constantly cycles to build pressure
    There is not enough pressure built up to take a shower.
    The final fix is. I ordered two replacements on Amazon with a two week delivery window.
    We will be finishing the last week of our 3 week trip dry camping with no shower. The wife is not happy
    Final thought NEVER turn fresh water selector knob When it is under pressure
    Sorry to hear this but a good informative post. Like you all many of us learned this years ago (both turning the valve under pressure, filling the fresh tank, and that the "O" rings are not true "O" rings.)

Good to hear that the valves are still available. If you have a link for that possibly you could share that.

Having unhappy wives seems to be part of camping at times and not intentional ! Amazon can help with this situation too !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how to attach a link but on Amazon site just type in “Anderson Kantleak valve” and it comes up as number one option.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you won’t find those “O” rings anyplace other than Andersen Brass and I’m not even sure they sell them individually. Unfortunately, the entire plumbing system is a disaster that many of us have been dealing with for years. There are plenty of threads here detailing that. My advice is to get some PEX fittings, crimp rings, PEX tubing and PEX crimpers cause sooner or later you’re gonna need them.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson brass has reworked the whole KantLeak system and it is now all brass. I wonder if he parts are onterchangable with the old style like we have.
    We have been traveling with a whole replacement panel for 4 years just waiting for the time it starts leaking. Maybe because we always travel with it the system will stay in tact.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also always release the pressure before turning the valves and only turn them in one direction.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlannLori View Post
    Not sure how to attach a link but on Amazon site just type in “Anderson Kantleak valve” and it comes up as number one option.
    Is this it? https://www.amazon.com/Kantleak-Ande...dp/B07SMBF8HS/

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg