User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    I want to avoid mountains as much as possible as we will be going in November now and I'm not trying to drive through snow with 4x2 in mountains. Would it be better to get to jacksonville, FL, and then shoot west? That should keep me on some pretty flat ground. We decided to head to Irvine, Ca before we head home, with the stop in Tucson on the way back.

Just curious, I can stretch the trip a few days to avoid mountains with bad weather.
    Taking a southern route at that time a year will be good for sure. Don't need to plunge to Jacksonville unless that's a destination. Ace's suggestion gets it done. Do use Google Maps to see where the construction is. Do know stretches of the route have horrendously poor paving. Lot of KOAs along the route as an FYI. Do remember to check COVID19 travel restrictions at the time as out of State plates will get the attention I'm sure.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    I want to avoid mountains as much as possible as we will be going in November now and I'm not trying to drive through snow with 4x2 in mountains. Would it be better to get to jacksonville, FL, and then shoot west? That should keep me on some pretty flat ground. We decided to head to Irvine, Ca before we head home, with the stop in Tucson on the way back.

Just curious, I can stretch the trip a few days to avoid mountains with bad weather.
    November should be OK on I 40 except if bad weather is forecast such as Ice storms across the panhandle. If weather is forecast you can always drop south. Do not camp around ABQ except is a secure campground.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12