User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philadelphia to Phoenix Route?

What's the best route to take? Mainly the most relaxing, not the fastest?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much time do you have? How many nights do you want to stop along the way?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    How much time do you have? How many nights do you want to stop along the way?
    We would prefer about 18 days max. That's travel and time there and back.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before Covid I was planning on going to the southern Rockies in Arizona. From Hagerstown Md pick up Rt 68 then Rt 79 going through W Virginia via Rt 64 at Charleston to Lexington Ky then drift south through Bowling Green and then Memphis Tn. I would take Rt 40 from there though OKC, the Texas panhandle on to Albuquerque NM. That was essentially my starting place to explore the mountains but I wanted to get to Flagstaff Az. of course standing on a corner in Winslow Az. on my way. At first I was figuring at least 7 days if going there directly but probably more as I had planned stops along the way. Also I've found for myself, since I'm the only driver that one day off after two days driving keeps me and my dog from getting road weary.
    Or you could use Google Maps for diections and find you would travel over 2400 miles and your estimated time would be 35 hours if you drive straight through.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.0...982836!3e0!5i1
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-17-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    We would prefer about 18 days max. That's travel and time there and back.
    Do you want to stay in Phoenix for a certain length of time?

From Philadelphia to Phoenix - approx 2350 miles. At 250 miles a day, that's 9 days travel, one way.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 07-17-2020 at 05:52 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others are suggesting, it's going to be a somewhat jammed run in 18 days. I suspect you're younger than some of us, which gives you the advantage of longer drive days without fatigue, aches, pain and eye strain that comes with the greys. So, 6 or 8 hours on the road might work for you and planning.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    As others are suggesting, it's going to be a somewhat jammed run in 18 days. I suspect you're younger than some of us, which gives you the advantage of longer drive days without fatigue, aches, pain and eye strain that comes with the greys. So, 6 or 8 hours on the road might work for you and planning.
    Yes, I just turned 28 and am pretty used to driving long distances without breaks, but not sure with a travel trailer, was only in my truck/car from philly to orlando and back usually in one shot, most 1 night break. I think I can go about 8 hours with a TT before a rest. We want to go visit a few friends of ours our there but checking our Thousand Trails, the only parks near them are all 55+ needed at check in. So we can't go there and will now have to figure out something else.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Yes, I just turned 28 and am pretty used to driving long distances without breaks, but not sure with a travel trailer, was only in my truck/car from philly to orlando and back usually in one shot, most 1 night break. I think I can go about 8 hours with a TT before a rest. We want to go visit a few friends of ours our there but checking our Thousand Trails, the only parks near them are all 55+ needed at check in. So we can't go there and will now have to figure out something else.
    The desert is for boondocking!

Haven't been to a CG around Phoenix in quite awhile, but I know Cave Creek Campground in the park is still there and a great spot.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to avoid mountains as much as possible as we will be going in November now and I'm not trying to drive through snow with 4x2 in mountains. Would it be better to get to jacksonville, FL, and then shoot west? That should keep me on some pretty flat ground. We decided to head to Irvine, Ca before we head home, with the stop in Tucson on the way back.

Just curious, I can stretch the trip a few days to avoid mountains with bad weather.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from Philly, Rt 76 W to Rt 81 S then to Rt 40 W will take you the southern route. I've never been past OKC on Rt40 but since you going through Az and NM you should be fine.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-21-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast