User Tag List

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I follow Goodyear's load table or should I run a max pressure?

I apologize for yet another tire thread, but I had to ask.

We headed out on a trip tomorrow and I'm wondering what pressure to run my new Goodyear Endurance ST225/75R15 tires at. According to the Goodyear load table (below) I can run at a lot less pressure than 80 PSI, which is what I ran the WestLakes at. I am thinking about lowing the pressure in the Goodyear Endurance tires because these are much heavier tires that have much stiffer side walls than the old WestLakes.

My trailer loaded weighs 7200 lbs and my tongue weight is 925 lbs. Assuming that each tire is loaded equally (I'm sure that they aren't) each tire would be loaded at 1570 lbs and according to the chart I could run them at 30 PSI! Frankly that seems WAY WAY too low. So I was thinking about running them at 70 PSI. At 70 PSI the Endurance tires can each support 2620 lbs for a combined load of 10,480 lbs whic is well above my GVWR of 8495 lbs. I'm thinking that the reduced pressure would make for a less harsh ride, would improve braking and handling.

What are your thoughts? Would I be better off lowering the pressure to 70 PSI or should I stick to 80 PSI?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would run max pressure, 80 psi, until you get on a CAT scale loaded and ready to go. Then there is no guessing on weights.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    I would run max pressure, 80 psi, until you get on a CAT scale loaded and ready to go. Then there is no guessing on weights.
    It's hard to argue with logic...... You convinced me. There's nothing wrong with playing it safe.

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will probably bounce a bit more at 80. If you find stuff on the floor then it's probably too high, lol
    I'm running less than 80 since my sticker said 65 before I upgraded to LRE from LRD.
    What does your sticker say?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sticker says 80 PSI.....so I'm going with 80 PSI until I can get it on a scale.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good decision BB