User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water heater (electric shade) repacked everything still no electric hot water

Hello All,
    We have the typical Suburban hot water heater with both a gas and electrical mode. The gas side works just fine, but after replacing the element, the rest of the electronics at the water heater, there is no voltage coming to the circuit regardless of switch position. Is there some sort of sneaky relay somewhere that could be the culprit? If so, where in the dickens would that relay be?

Kind regards,
    Bob

Solitude ST375RES

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcash View Post
    Hello All,
    We have the typical Suburban hot water heater with both a gas and electrical mode. The gas side works just fine, but after replacing the element, the rest of the electronics at the water heater, there is no voltage coming to the circuit regardless of switch position. Is there some sort of sneaky relay somewhere that could be the culprit? If so, where in the dickens would that relay be?

Kind regards,
    Bob

Solitude ST375RES
    Looks like there might be a 12V relay in the wiring junction box on the side of the water heater.

Electric Hot Water Heater not working - https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post238129
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start at where the 120V comes to the weather heater; maybe it's in that junction box mentioned above. Trace it until there is no voltage. I am pretty sure it passes through a thermistor (to prevent over heating the water) , sometimes called a Hi-Limit switch, and then it goes through the thermostat and finally to the heating element.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a step by step trouble shooting problem. You replaced the obvious big items so I would look for loose or missed connections. Give the wires and connectors the "tug test" to be sure they are all good. Inspect any electrical crimps especially on the 120VAC side. If nothing obvious comes up you'll need to trace back with a voltmeter to see where the disconnect is.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever solve this problem?
    I have a similar intermittent problem driving me crazy.