User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My "black tank hose" is black.... My fresh water hose is blue.

If you want two - as long as they are different colors, it's all good.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Interesting. The "Non Potable" sign is common in the southeast.
    I've seen a few in Canada

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should clarify. I do see non-potable water signs at the dump stations (in Southeast). I don't recall EVER seeing potable water in same vicinity or anywhere near dump stations. That could be because I would never even contemplate using a potable water source that originates at a dump station. Just doesn't sound like anything I would want to consider.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post

Mike
    My fresh is white. i hate to overspend on something “just because”, so I took another white hose (Wally-world special, less than $10), and while it was coiled up, spray painted black strips about 6-7 spots around the coil. When I unwound it, I have a customized Zebra-hose, black and white sections the entire length. I don’t think that I could confuse them, even in the dark.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Orange is the standard color of a hose sold as an “RV black tank flush” hose.

Attachment 28232

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post

Mike
    Our Black tank rinse hose is a 15 ft piece of old garden from the stick house. Why buy something special.

I always close the cap cover on the black tank rinse port when finished. I don'r want to accidentally connect to the wrong place.

The dumping is done at the RV park and rinsing too. I do the "Geo Method" with 5 gallons to swish around while moving. I use an online water meter on the hose, so I know how much water is going into the black tank.
    KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    I use the black tank flush procedure only at the campsite. If I’m bored, every-other day which is probably not necessary but I can’t imagine that will hurt anything. I think that once a week will probably be good if you are patient and thorough. One of the most common mistakes is that the operator gets side tracked when adding more water (with the valve closed) in order to produce a second or third flush and forgets the water is running / filling up the tank. I’ll let your imagination work on that one. ��. So, if you close the valve to add water to re-flush — STAY THERE, do not wander around or go to “check something real quick” as too many times (once for me on my previous rig) the person forgets and yep - you guessed it. I don’t exceed a 4 minute fill (from empty) before opening the valve again but of course it depends on how many gallon tank you have and how fast the water is exiting the hose. I also use a water “speedometer” (not the actual name) to tell me how many gallons per minute I’m putting in. I’m not sure what the benefit would be to wait until u get to the dump station when you are already hooked up to the sewer drain right at your site. Hope that is somewhat helpful.
    Ditto! I too dump at the campsite if I can. I'll dump it, close the black valve, then use the internal black tank sprayer to add water to the tank and dump it again. I'll do this about 3 times in order to see clear fluid in the clear elbow drains (then I'll dump my grey tanks). I don't believe one flush gets out residue and TP! That is why I'll repeat the clean out a few times. I also am a believer in the "GEO method" for keeping my tanks clean!!!
    Brad & Debbie
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    formerly had 2019 Imagine 2500RL
    2020 Ford F250 4x4 Lariat 6.7L Diesel
    looking to upgrade to F350!
    Happily "retired" campers!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gander32 View Post
    Ditto! I too dump at the campsite if I can. I'll dump it, close the black valve, then use the internal black tank sprayer to add water to the tank and dump it again. I'll do this about 3 times in order to see clear fluid in the clear elbow drains (then I'll dump my grey tanks). I don't believe one flush gets out residue and TP! That is why I'll repeat the clean out a few times. I also am a believer in the "GEO method" for keeping my tanks clean!!!
    Gander32 ... I do the black tank flush multiple times too. Amazing how much TP keeps coming out during the second and thrid black tank flush. I also make it a habit to REMOVE my black tank flush hose from the black tank connection on my water panel, and lay it on the ground in order to confirm that it is not hooked up with the water turned on.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    Gander32 ... I do the black tank flush multiple times too. Amazing how much TP keeps coming out during the second and thrid black tank flush. I also make it a habit to REMOVE my black tank flush hose from the black tank connection on my water panel, and lay it on the ground in order to confirm that it is not hooked up with the water turned on.
    You are so right about disconnecting the hose. We use a manifold system that we have attached at the campground connection with multiple hoses. I was leaving the hose attached to the black tank flush being lazy. We were gone one day and the park came by working on the water system for the park. They turned the valve on for the black tank flush. There was no water running and they forgot about it. When we got back they were gone and we had no idea anything was going on. You guessed it I went in to use the toilet when I hit the pedal it was like a geyser. What a mess. Needless to say we were not happy campers. That hose always comes off now.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave & Sue are right about NEVER leaving while filling black holding tank. I was filling ours in Galveston Texas and I had to do "one small thing" to help brother next door. My overflow went almost to Houston, and it took about two weeks for my wife to talk to me again

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like most everybody use a separate orange hose and y connection and remove the hose when not in use. We also use quick connect fittings on the manifold to prevent wear on those inexpensive plastic screw connections that come on the trailer. Dont really bother with a backflow preventer as it reduces flow and isn't a permanent connection and really not necessary for infrequent use. That said I've heard of well contamination problems caused by leaving hoses broken on ground allowing bacteria backflow into a well system but I cant picture that in an rv park unless it was a long term unoccupied unit or something. Vacuum breakers on water supply bibs could prevent that but I've to see one in rv park so far any way

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast