User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    Gander32 ... I do the black tank flush multiple times too. Amazing how much TP keeps coming out during the second and thrid black tank flush. I also make it a habit to REMOVE my black tank flush hose from the black tank connection on my water panel, and lay it on the ground in order to confirm that it is not hooked up with the water turned on.
    Personally i dump at the site. I have a Y that i connect to the water supply with a valve for both one is color coded black the other white. white for city water, black for black tank, which is always off unless I'm flushing. I have an on/off valve (black color coded) that i connect to the flush port which is always off unless I'm flushing. the black tank port is located in back of RV the city water port is located on the panel. I use an old hose for the black tank that i store in the same container as the rest of my black tank hoses and stuff... I do not store either the hoses or the connections together. the Y is stored in the city water container. orange hose, black hose, white hose or blue hose what does it matter as long as you know which one is for what and where to hook each up. I did color code black the ends of the flush hose to not get them confused when connecting them. lol
    Earl C.
    2019 F350 SRW 3383 lb payload
    GD Imagine 2600RB (currently)
    IYAOYAS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I've made it a point now to ask the campground owners on check-in if they have any issue with flushing black tank at the camp site. One local camp ground owner prefers I flush at dump station. The next campground we stayed at in WI had no issues. I have a Y connection, but it took 75' hose for fresh water...oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll add that I prefer FHU so I can do the black tank flush on site, but without FHU I'll do it at the dump if there is no line. Ok, so I came upon an issue with my tank flush on the last day of our 2-week trip to Colorado. I was running the flush on site but had to go in and tinkle, and while standing there I heard drips of water. I have an Imagine XLS 22 MLE and the flush is on the curb side so I have to run the hose around or under the trailer. I tightened the connections under the bathroom sink, but still had a small leak the next time I ran another flush. I attached a pix of the Vacuum Breaker Check Valve. I did not notice water coming from the connections, but only at the square end of the breaker. Someone mention on FB that hose clamps should've been used and not the pex crimp clamps. So, I'm gonna buy a new connection and a couple hose clamps to hopefully fix the problem. I do have a second water regulator, so maybe I'll use that too just in case too much water PSI was going thru the lines, but the CG said their max water PSI is 45. FWIW, when done dumping I pour in about 3 gallons of hot/warm water mixed with calgon down the toilet to slosh around while on the road.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of good ideas and info here! I use one of those cheap collapsible hoses for black tank flush. It is lite and stores easy. It is only connected for flush then immediately removed and stored.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234