User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone full time with a small refrigerator?

Hi all. Brand new to the RV world and on our second weekend trip. Thinking about a longer term trip in the fall but curious how people deal with food needs given the size of the typical dometic fridge and tiny freezer. Just thinking we will be in places where it might not be convenient to get food every day. Thoughts? Tips?
    Famtraveler24
    2019 Ford Expedition Platinum
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the small Atwood refrigerator in our 2015 Reflection. I works well for the two of us. We also have a small frig outside in the TV compartment that we use for beverages. We try to move items around in the freezer to keep the air flowing. We tried ice cream bars recently and they were not hard frozen, but still okay. We have been full time since July 13th. I use ziplock bags for any left overs and I have small stacking plastic containers that work well. I also only buy the 6-pack of eggs. Sometimes it can be hard to find the smaller containers but we sometimes use the cooler if we have items that will be used in a short time.

Lorraine and John

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 8 cu. ft. Dometic fridge in the kitchen and a 4.5 cu. ft. refrigerator in my outside kitchen (bunkhouse model). We could do just fine full timing with what we have. I also have a tabletop ice maker that we could use to make ice for a cooler--if needed.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we recently purchased this item: a 12V cooler. It draws about 4 amps, so I am not going to boondock with it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It cools down in about 30-45 minutes. No thermostat, but it drops the temp about <35F from the outside air. In 100F outside, that is not very cool, but 80 is nice.

I am going to put a 12V plug in the box of my truck to carry back there. I little noisy in the back seat of the truck, but not terrible.
    I have a 110V to 12V converter for campgrounds.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS