User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealers should know better: E-Z Lube

Here is yet another thread about ruined brakes because of E-Z Lube hubs. I just pulled the drums off the curb-side of the trailer and lo and behold... grease all over the shoes and brake hardware. I just picked up this used 2017 Imagine 2150RB last summer and used it once, noticing the brakes didn't seem to be grabbing like they should - even at the highest gain on the brake controller. No wonder.

I just wrote to the dealer who sold it to me; who presumably packed the bearings and did the NY state inspection last summer, and who just did another NY state inspection again last week when I picked it up to take to Yellowstone in August. So I have a couple issues with this: 1) they should not have used the E-Z Lube fitting in the first place last year to fill up the hub with blue grease. And 2) did they actually pull a drum off and inspect the brake shoes in order to pass inspection last week?

This is a serious safety issue and I am going to hold them liable. At minimum I want them to pay for new brake shoes that I will install correctly myself, thankyouverymuch. Also, I remember reading that Fisher or Dexter or Lippert might send me a complete new bolt-on set if I call?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1050110.jpg   P1050107.jpg   P1050111.jpg  
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took my Solitude to the dealer twice complaining about the brakes not stopping the trailer the second time they couldn't find anything wrong and charged me Labor. On the way home the brakes were still lousy.
    I decided To install Disc Brakes Guess what I found. By the way this was A new 2020 with less than 400 miles on it Drivers side. Never Trust a Dealer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3594.jpg   IMG_3591.jpg   IMG_3590.jpg  
    Last edited by Scocciante; 07-19-2020 at 06:03 PM.
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called Lippert -- they only replaced the assemblies within the first couple years of 2016-2017, since those were greased at the factory. He said that since the bearings should have been repacked a couple times since then, the warranty doesn't apply any more. So the dealer is at fault here.

The new assemblies are only $35.95 ea. and $30 shipping for 4 of them, so I think the dealer will likely take care of that cost if I install them myself. I'll be talking to them next.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer is going to order the assemblies for me - will be here tomorrow, no charge. Shout out to Meyer's RV for taking responsibility. :-)
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my Sunline trailer for 12 yrs with easy-lube axles. Greased them with a grease gun every year and never once had a problem. Clean, inspect, hand grease, reassemble then pump grease in with gun. Never had to replace any of the bearings in 12 yrs. Don't know of any Sunline owners that had problems with the easy-lube axles. Maybe they just understood the proper way to grease them with a grease gun.
    That being said, I'm replacing both of my axles tomorrow and I ordered them without the easy-lube spindles.
    Last edited by 315RLTSinPA; 07-20-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which Meyers - Churchville? I watched the tech pull a wheel on mine.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    Which Meyers - Churchville? I watched the tech pull a wheel on mine.
    No, the one in Caledonia. I store my trailer there for $25/mo. They supposedly pulled a wheel for the state inspection, but either didn't pull the drum off or didn't see or care that there was grease on the shoes an other hardware. They gave me 4 new backing assemblies that I installed this week. I packed the bearings with red grease and we're good to go!
    2017 Imagine 2150RB