User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Front glass of fireplace on 2020 337rls keeps coming loose when travelinng.

I have a 2020 337RLS and the front glass of the fireplace has been coming loose when traveling. This has happened 2 times. Coming back from our last trip I put a Velcro command strip as a temp fix and it was unseated again. I see that one thread talks about screws that hold it in but I don't think that applies to mine. I have a solid glass front that seems to have a metal hook that goes in a slot on each side to hold glass in place. The problem is road bounce keeps unseating the left side. I am looking at putting a block or clip on each side above the glass to restrict the up and down movement. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if there is another fix short of securing the top of the glass. I do not want to have it shatter.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I in the right place/topic for this question?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIRTWO View Post
    Am I in the right place/topic for this question?
    It's a fine place for your question. Can you give us the model/brand of the fireplace in your new 337? The older Reflections had Graystone fireplaces... are the new ones coming with Innoflames like the Solitudes?

It's helpful to others if you create a signature with your rig information in it (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat the info every time you ask a question.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I have seen that issue also. You would have to find a way to limit the upward travel on the road.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks will try some large mirror mounts if they will fit.
    2020 Grand Design 337RLS
    2018 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 ltr
    B&W Patriot Slider 18k

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go buy some cheap electrical tape, run a frame of electrical tape from glass to the frame around it.
    Electrical tape leaves no sticky mess, comes off smooth and easy but will easily take care of your current problems. Oh, and it can be bought dirt cheap since your not needing the good scotch/3M stuff for long term durability in harsh conditions.

10 rolls, 61 feet per roll, $10 shipped with PRIME. That is 610 feet of electrical tape, your estate auctioneer will be selling off whats left after you die
    https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Elect...142293&sr=8-18
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I thought I would let you know. Went to put mirror mounts to hold front fireplace glass to hold in place. I moved the glass up and down and noticed that I was missing 2 sheet metal screws. Where the air vents are located on the top of the glass if you look on the side there is a sheet metal screw ( #8 ) on each side that must be removed to access the fireplace. I replaced the screw on the left and the one on the right. I read a post on here about 2 screws but I thought it was on an older model fireplace. I called myself looking but did not see the screws until the third time. I will post a photo so everyone can see.
    2020 Grand Design 337RLS
    2018 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 ltr
    B&W Patriot Slider 18k