Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Silverado HD 3500 Clearance

Getting ready to order a 2021 Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab. My understanding is the new trucks sit higher then previous generation plus I'm moving up from a 2500. Anyone have a 2020 3500HD pulling a Solitude? My question concerns the height between rails and fifth wheel and will fifth wheel still be level and have adequate bed rail clearance?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a 2020 Silverado HD 3500 SRW with the puck system. B&W companion slider hitch for my 2019 2930RL. Hitch is on its lowest setting and I have just over 7 inches above the rails. Slight nose high by a few degrees but rides well.
    Greg and Jenny Breit
    2020 Silverado Duramax 3500HD SRW, OEM Puck, B&W Companion Slider 20K hitch
    2019 Solitude 2930RL, Onan 5500W LP, MORryde IS, Kodak Disc brakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I getting ready to put a level kit on my 2020 silverado 3500 SRW and a little worried but if you have 7" i think ill be ok bring it up 2"....thoughts?
    Sold our Salem travel trailer that's been all over the USA and going big in the spring after the snow melts.
    2021 Solitude 310GK (first of year 2021)
    2020 Chevrolet 3500HD duramax Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an expert but assuming you haven't exceed the payload specs of the truck you should be ok. Your trailer will probably be nose high, putting more weight on the trailer axles. You might notice a little more chucking, not sure. We were about 2in nose high. Just had MorRyde Independent Suspension installed and they were able to raise the the rear of the trailer a bit as part of the installation so we'll roll level going forward. Should mean smoother ride for both trailer and truck. Happy camping.....
    Greg and Jenny Breit
    2020 Silverado Duramax 3500HD SRW, OEM Puck, B&W Companion Slider 20K hitch
    2019 Solitude 2930RL, Onan 5500W LP, MORryde IS, Kodak Disc brakes