Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange combo of bearings brands.

So I decided to install some timken bearings and races on my 2019. I bought it new Jan. of this year. What I found was China made outer bearing, both inner and outer races made in china, but the inside bearing was Timken, and the seal was dexter. I have the dexter 4400# axles.

Seemed like an odd combo to me. I don't think the hubs have ever been off, but it appears someone pumped in some/a lot of grease from the EZ lube. Luckily none came through the seal to the brakes.

Anybody else discover the same mix of bearings on a new unit?

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't give an answer to your question but I'd like to make a comment that bearings are made as a set with the bearings and races matched. But from what I have seen so far what you report wouldn't surprise me with some unwitting worker just grabbing and installing what ever is lying around. My trailer was over greased as well as I found the bearings cups dripping red grease because they were full.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.