User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tripod stabillizer

Getting some movement from people walking and when someone sleeps on the couch when made out. Will the tripod stablelizer remedy this? Back stabilizers are down in the back.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kstaylor View Post
    Getting some movement from people walking and when someone sleeps on the couch when made out. Will the tripod stablelizer remedy this? Back stabilizers are down in the back.
    We have the Steadyfast system and the BAL tripod. We got the Steadyfast system first. That eliminated about 75% of the motion from the kids running and jumping. With the BAL tripod, our bedroom has calmed down to the point where 90% of the motion is eliminated. So I do think there's some benefit, but I can't quantify it for you exactly since we never tried the tripod just by itself.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if any of these tripod type stabilizers work with a flex air pin box?

////chile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    We have the Steadyfast system and the BAL tripod. We got the Steadyfast system first. That eliminated about 75% of the motion from the kids running and jumping. With the BAL tripod, our bedroom has calmed down to the point where 90% of the motion is eliminated. So I do think there's some benefit, but I can't quantify it for you exactly since we never tried the tripod just by itself.
    Absolutely love steadyfast. I guesstimate that we eliminated 80-90% of all movement. Second trailer I have put them on. No kids any longer running or jumping though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the steadyfast as well and makes a world of difference. Best thing I have put on the camper!
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Previous: 2011 Jayco Eagle 31.5 FBHS
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4.10 gears

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kstaylor View Post
    I don't think I ever had a camper that didn't have some movement, even my class A diesel pusher.

You don't say what model RV you have, but on my Solitude I have taken to putting those Lego-like blocks under each of the 6 jacks to minimize how far I have to extend the jacks. It has helped a lot. Pretty much to the point of no noticing movement a lot.

If you want to feel some motion, put in a washer/dryer. whew...... rock-n-roll!!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you can use the Steadyfast system with automatic leveler's?

How hard to put on?
    Gary and Kelly Slone
    Louisville, Kentucky
    18 Chev. 2500 Gas 6.0
    2020 295RL Reflection, Curt A16 Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS57 View Post

How hard to put on?
    The hardest part is drilling through the frame to install the bolts. I don't like working on my back trying to drill up. So I hired a mobile service to do the install. It took them about 2 hrs.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, drilling through the frame is a bit much for me as well. Guess I'll be looking for a mobile guy myself.

Thanks.
    Gary and Kelly Slone
    Louisville, Kentucky
    18 Chev. 2500 Gas 6.0
    2020 295RL Reflection, Curt A16 Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS57 View Post

How hard to put on?
    I put these on a Starcraft 5th wheel in May. Drilling through the frame was very, very hard.

Then in June, of course we decided to sell the Starcraft and upgrade to a GD 31MB which we did late June. I didnt take the steadyfast off the Starcraft when we sold it but rather ordered another one for automatic leveling of the GD. The only difference is the way it attached to the feet. Could have saved a ton if i would have pulled it off the Startcraft....but oh well.

I was surprised how much easier it was to drill into the GD frame than it was to drill into the Starcraft frame. Either my bits were sharper, the frame was a little softer, or i got a bit stronger int he last few months. :-)

Start a pilot hole with your own drill bit and then go to the bit they provide to ream out the entire hole. Then i use their tapping screws and my ryobi hammer drill to get the bolts in.

As Lexx said, working on your back is the hardest and i picked a cloudy, cool day to do it. Was much easier the second time with the GD. First time it was sunny, muggy, and i didnt know what I was doing so it took a long time.

They provide pretty much everything you need to install this with the exception of that pilot hole bit. They even provide a counter sink to put into the round foot plates on your levelers.

It’s an awesome addition and really, not hard. Just takes a bit of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast