Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 369 RL - Bedroom A/C Fan Issues

Fan is working on and off. Thought it was the capacitors so replaced both of those - still same thing. It'll work great then all of a sudden I only hear the compressor and fan doesn't even try and start (even if I spin the fan manually it won't go - this trick used to work).

If I unplug the RV and turn off the battery and then try it - it'll work fine usually and start right up for a while (maybe a few hours run with no issues until it keeps going on and off again reaching temperature).

Any clue what this could be? The other A/C unit in living area is works fine (knock on wood).

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gd369rl View Post
    Fan is working on and off. Thought it was the capacitors so replaced both of those - still same thing. It'll work great then all of a sudden I only hear the compressor and fan doesn't even try and start (even if I spin the fan manually it won't go - this trick used to work).

If I unplug the RV and turn off the battery and then try it - it'll work fine usually and start right up for a while (maybe a few hours run with no issues until it keeps going on and off again reaching temperature).

Any clue what this could be? The other A/C unit in living area is works fine (knock on wood).
    I had intermittent operations on both of my A/C fans. I found the problems was bad (loose) crimps on the low voltage control wires at the relay board on the A/C units. See my reply at https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Conditioner#5

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023