User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Your Ram Hemi won’t have any issues pulling that Reflection. Gas mileage will suck but thats the nature of the beast.
    Hope you stick around, lots of good info to be had here.
    Thank you! Yes, I'm expecting the gas mileage to suck. Doesn't get the best gas mileage empty either. I average 12-13 mpg around town and 14-16 mpg on highway. I figure I'll get 6-8 mpg while towing the 5er.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2014 RAM 6.4 Hemi and a Reflection 230RL. Planning a trip from Northern California to the East Coast and back. Any suggestions other than having a lot of money to buy gas?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skip Colorado.
    MB, Ab and Ufki (under foot kitty)
    '18 RAM Laramie Cummins HO
    '19 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, I would take just in case a 5 gals gas can with you I had the same truck and man the power was okay with the high RPM but it love to drink gas but you can find a sweet spot so it want be as bad.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Welcome to the forum, I would take just in case a 5 gals gas can with you I had the same truck and man the power was okay with the high RPM but it love to drink gas but you can find a sweet spot so it want be as bad.
    This is what I do when going cross country with my gasser too. Less of an issue with the 36 gallon tank in the new GM HDs, but when I only had 26 gallons in my half ton, the 5 gallon Jerry was nice for peace of mind. Fortunately, never needed it other than to fill the generator.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    This is what I do when going cross country with my gasser too. Less of an issue with the 36 gallon tank in the new GM HDs, but when I only had 26 gallons in my half ton, the 5 gallon Jerry was nice for peace of mind. Fortunately, never needed it other than to fill the generator.
    I had that same problem when I had my'07 Duramax, 26 gallon tank. I eventually put an auxiliary 15 gallon extra!tank in a weathergard box for emergency. This RAM has a 31 gallon tank. I will still take at least 5 gallons

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    Yes, I agree it is a peace of mind, I have been traveling cross country now for the past two to three years leaving from the PNW and going to NC I never had to use it but I rather have it and not use it than need it and not have it, and when I get to were I'm going I put it in my fuel tank until I leave again.

On my first trip going to NC from the PNW I had a Ram 3500 CCLB it had a 50 gals tank which I love and I still carry a 5 gals gas can. I thought about adding or replacing my 36 gals oem fuel tank with a 60 gals Titan fuel tank, but after they quoted me $2,400 plus I had to fuel up that whole 60 gals tank with diesel I decided that it wasn't worth it for me to do that, so I will continue to carry my 5 gals fuel can.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 02-12-2024 at 07:12 PM.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    North Carolina is my destination on the east coast. Going east on a southern route through Texas and Georgia. Will return on a more northerly route. I am sure I will miss my Duramax!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwbaker View Post
    North Carolina is my destination on the east coast. Going east on a southern route through Texas and Georgia. Will return on a more northerly route. I am sure I will miss my Duramax!

The reason why I traded my 22 Ram 1 ton I was having a lot of recall and some of the issues that I was having, and it wasn't going to get fix until about a year out so I moved over to the Duramax and I love it, but don't want to get into it now, my mother live in Goldsboro, NC I grew up there and when we were there with our 5th wheel we stay at Seymour Air Force Base there which I'm retired MSG.

Coming back from NC we stayed in Waco, TX for about 8 or 9 days and loved it, we want to go back to TX one day again. Hey Jwbaker you have a safe travel, so when are you planning on going, with the weather being crazy?
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The reason why I traded my 22 Ram 1 ton I was having a lot of recall and some of the issues that I was having, and it wasn't going to get fix until about a year out so I moved over to the Duramax and I love it, but don't want to get into it now, my mother live in Goldsboro, NC I grew up there and when we were there with our 5th wheel we stay at Seymour Air Force Base there which I'm retired MSG.

Coming back from NC we stayed in Waco, TX for about 8 or 9 days and loved it, we want to go back to TX one day again. Hey Jwbaker you have a safe travel, so when are you planning on going, with the weather being crazy?
    My Duramax was a 2007 with the LMM engine and would not handle bio diesel. Loved the truck. I was tired of the bio diesel so went to gas. I have cousins in Asheville and Boone to visit and a grandson going to Elon University at Elon. I have an Army hearing disability and some told me you could use military campgrounds, but I have never tried that. I have my VA disability card. Did a lot of work at Beale AFB when I was working as a federal investigator. Thank you for your service!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast