User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTraveler View Post
    I had one of the RVAirflow devices delivered this week. I pick up our 260RD from the dealer (minor upgrade and repairs) on Thursday and will install the device the same day. We are heading out Friday for a couple days to test it out. I'll report back with my findings.
    Let us know how it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed RV Airflow systems in both of our air conditioners. First, you lose the dump feature or "rain shower" feature as the air conditioner manufacturer calls it. Airflow out the ducted vents is dramatically increased and this has alleviated temperature imbalance. That said, and to be completely honest, I'm not sure the "upgrade" was really an upgrade for the main unit. Our rig has been stationary in our driveway this week. It's in the sun all day with only roadside in the shade after about 1pm. We've been in a heat wave like I've not seen in years up here with the daytime highs that are 95-98 degF and humidity 88-92%. Before installing the systems I was able to keep the rig at 78 with the main T-state set at 74, rearward dump open on the main unit, and the front at 72 with both dumps closed. With the systems in and same setting on T-stats, the main cabin temperature is 82! I believe the issue may lie in the bedroom cooling too rapidly and not contributing to the main cooling as it did originally. I'm now experimenting with partially blocking the ducted vents in the bedroom ceiling to slow the cooling of the bedroom.

Really disappointed as customer service for RV Airflow has been nonexistent! No response to message or email after 5 days.

OP: the piece of advice not yet given is to over-chill the rig at night. Take it down into the 60s so it takes longer to warm up.
    Last edited by geotex1; 07-22-2020 at 08:03 AM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I just installed RV Airflow systems in both of our air conditioners. First, you lose the dump feature or "rain shower" feature as the air conditioner manufacturer calls it. Airflow out the ducted vents is dramatically increased and this has alleviated temperature imbalance. That said, and to be completely honest, I'm not sure the "upgrade" was really an upgrade for the main unit. Our rig has been stationary in our driveway this week. It's in the sun all day with only roadside in the shade after about 1pm. We've been in a heat wave like I've not seen in years up here with the daytime highs that are 95-98 degF and humidity 88-92%. Before installing the systems I was able to keep the rig at 78 with the main T-state set at 74, rearward dump open on the main unit, and the front at 72 with both dumps closed. With the systems in and same setting on T-stats, the main cabin temperature is 82! I believe the issue may lie in the bedroom cooling too rapidly and not contributing to the main cooling as it did originally. I'm now experimenting with partially blocking the ducted vents in the bedroom ceiling to slow the cooling of the bedroom.

Really disappointed as customer service for RV Airflow has been nonexistent! No response to message or email after 5 days.

OP: the piece of advice not yet given is to over-chill the rig at night. Take it down into the 60s so it takes longer to warm up.
    Yeah I looked up the video install and I didn’t care for doing away with the dump feature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suber81083 View Post
    We went to a county park over the weekend and it was full sun 95+ degrees with over 100 heat index and the a/c had trouble keeping up. It never cut off until the middle of the night. Wondering what tricks there are to help it with cooling? BTW it’s a 2020 Imagine 2600rb thanks!

https://youtu.be/rxCljBVi8DU

I don't know if this video is going to come through, but.....good info on correcting the vents for more efficient AC operation. It was a You Tube video.
    Saw this on another blog...actually Grand Design. Everyone reporting back in has stated they found some of the same issues with their AC vents.
    I haven't looked at mine yet, but will over the next couple weeks as it is in storage....for now.
    2019 303 RLS Reflection 5er (nickname - Coyote)
    2019 F250 Lariat FX4 CC SRW 160" WB, (nickname - Silverback) 6.7L diesel, 3.55 gears, 10K GVWR, 20" wheels, Tow Package, B&W Champion Slider
    Dennis, Judy, and Shelby (Lab-Rhodesian Ridgeback)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion this does nothing to improve a system that is already configured correctly.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Issue #1--Remove the air filter in your a/c unit (at the ceiling) and wash it out. The least amount of dust on it will greatly impede the air flow through the a/c unit.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on the RVairflow device I installed. Well, it performed better than I expected. The install was really quick and simple and the amount of airflow to the front bedroom vents increased significantly. It was 100 degrees on Saturday and we kept the A/C at 80 degrees on auto/lo and it was able to keep up. There was only a single instance that I remember seeing the thermostat reach 81 degrees... and that was only for a short time.

All in all, I think it has saved us from buying a second A/C unit for the bedroom. It was money well spent.

*When I installed the device, I noticed that the existing divider in the A/C unit was installed correctly. It was located right where it should have been and was taped in place.
    Last edited by DaTraveler; 07-27-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    2011Chevy Silverado 6.0 2500HD
    2020.5 (White) Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post

Updating myself after a full week in mid-90s, oppressive humidity and camping with the GD group. First, and I feel this important with any new product like this - ZERO customer support. None. Worse, ignored as my email was read and never responded too - read receipts give you away. Totally different experience versus the "other" product I purchased to silence our old Dometic where the owner/developer responded to my email in 15 minutes and then called me and then followed up again after enacting the fix... Anyway, this is something that bugs me about a spendy innovation claimed to be developed by campers for campers...

That off my chest, I have been able to strike an effective balance with these in our rig. The bedroom unit needs to be set 2-3 degrees cooler than the main unit, and one ducted vent in the bedroom completely closed. The hall bathroom vent must be directed out the bathroom door. Doing this, we were able to maintain a very comfortable 73 degF inside temperature when it was mid-day sun and 96 degF outside. Shades down, of course. That makes me feel better about the dollar spent. However, Nikki absolutely hates the air blowing so forcefully on her so I'm constantly spinning the living room vents depending if she's sitting in the theater seats or resting on the couch. All in all, I think the modification was the right thing for the forward air conditioner, but not money well spent for the rear unit. I wanted a timesaver versus experimentation, and these do isolate supply and return air like I wanted. However, I feel I could have made something sufficient for pennies on the dollar.

My $0.02.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, that is interesting. We were in the same row as you so we got the same sun as you thru out the day. We could maintain 73 deg with just 1 a/c running and get down to 65 deg with both running. We had all of our shades open. We do have double pane windows, so maybe they make more of a difference then a lot of people think.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    Rob, that is interesting. We were in the same row as you so we got the same sun as you thru out the day. We could maintain 73 deg with just 1 a/c running and get down to 65 deg with both running. We had all of our shades open. We do have double pane windows, so maybe they make more of a difference then a lot of people think.
    When it comes to the heat, I agree the double pane make a big difference!

I will be putting our Maxxair covers back on when we get back. Definitely can feel the difference with them off in the bathroom. Just didn't have time to pop them back on before we left for the CG after cleaning them and touching up the lap sealant.

I'm sure I could have pulled it down cooler working the units. I'm just trying to compare my before and after RV Airflow install performance, and I believe my before state was better. I guess I'm really hinting at that I suspect the one size fits all RV Airflow might not be so fitting for the 15K units...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast