User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    When it comes to the heat, I agree the double pane make a big difference!

I will be putting our Maxxair covers back on when we get back. Definitely can feel the difference with them off in the bathroom. Just didn't have time to pop them back on before we left for the CG after cleaning them and touching up the lap sealant.

I'm sure I could have pulled it down cooler working the units. I'm just trying to compare my before and after RV Airflow install performance, and I believe my before state was better. I guess I'm really hinting at that I suspect the one size fits all RV Airflow might not be so fitting for the 15K units...
    I have the 15K unit and it worked out very well for me. Actually, much better than I had anticipated. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Maybe you could remove them and sell them, albeit at a loss, and recoup some of the money.
    2011Chevy Silverado 6.0 2500HD
    2020.5 (White) Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTraveler View Post
    I have the 15K unit and it worked out very well for me. Actually, much better than I had anticipated. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Maybe you could remove them and sell them, albeit at a loss, and recoup some of the money.
    Had an interesting discussion with the individual who evaluated these for GD this afternoon. Have some avenues to check out, starting with flow measurements. Just need to call in a couple of favors to get that done for bbq and brews.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As most have said, first make like a mole. Then take down the air conditioner cover, remove filters first, and make sure the separator is perpendicular. The separator is there to make sure that when the air conditioner pulls in return air that it doesn't also pull in cool air at the same time. I found both of mine were at 45 degree angle which was pulling i would say 40% of the cool air back into the unit. Next, I installed the RV Airflow and that was the kicker. You will not believe the difference in air flow thru the ducts. Before we could barely feel air from the closest duct to the A/C and now with just the living room A/C on we can feel significant air flow back in the bedroom. It is over 100 degrees here and we are keeping our Solitude 310 at home right now and keep the thermostat set at 89. Before the RV Airflow both A/C's ran constantly. After RV Airflow they only run a few minutes at a time. One other item we did with success was to add Magna Shades to the 2 large windows next to the table and recliners.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    Seriously considering this upgrade. Appears to increase efficiency and flow by anywhere from 35 to 45%. Seems a bit pricey but when I’m melting inside, I will wish I have done it If I don’t.

https://rvairflow.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just watched the install video for this product, it looks like it will not allow the dump valves on the plenum to open up anymore and dump cold air directly into one Room instead of putting it into the registers for the entire length of the trailer. Do you know if that is correct?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the RV Airflow eliminates the "dump" feature but more than makes up for it with better duct flow. I have had great customer service from RV Airflow, in fact, I sent an email last saturday and got reply same day. FYI: this product has been approved by both Coleman and Grand Design.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbaber View Post
    Yes, the RV Airflow eliminates the "dump" feature but more than makes up for it with better duct flow. I have had great customer service from RV Airflow, in fact, I sent an email last saturday and got reply same day. FYI: this product has been approved by both Coleman and Grand Design.
    Thank you for the reply

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other thing that seems to make a really big difference is a tower fan. Mine will make interior temps of 85 feel nice. Great for boondocking. Works well coupled with AC also. We bought two, one for bedroom and one for main cabin.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It works...

Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    Seriously considering this upgrade. Appears to increase efficiency and flow by anywhere from 35 to 45%. Seems a bit pricey but when I’m melting inside, I will wish I have done it If I don’t.

https://rvairflow.com/

People always take the time to post negative reviews, but many do not take the time to post positive reviews and I believe that they are far more important so here is mine. Customer service is a huge deal to me. In fact it is the one thing that will bring me back to a company, a restaurant or other business more than anything else because it is in such short supply. I ordered the RV Airflow module from RVairflow.com for my Coleman Mach 15 Main AC/heat pump unit in my 2019 Grand Design 2930 RL. I received a shipment email less than one hour after I ordered it which surprised me that it happened that fast. Two days later it arrived and when I opened the box to my surprise it was missing the duct inserts. Needless to say I was not happy. I emailed RV Airflow and told them of my predicament and included a photo and asked if they would send the missing parts overnight because I had a camping trip planned for the weekend. I also called in the morning to follow up and was informed by the extremely helpful lady that one would be sent out immediately. By the end of the day I had received another tracking email for an overnight shipment of the missing parts! The parts arrived this morning before my planned trip. They also gave me a 10% refund for my troubles...didnt tell me, they just did it. I watched the video on the website and it was very helpful. I had to use a screwdriver to compress one of the duct inserts so the block would slide up inside the AC unit flat as designed. The airflow is certainly noticeably stronger and it does seem to keep things cooler, in fact the bedroom unit runs less due to the amount of air being pushed from the main unit. I would say I am definitely happy! They sent me a little link below for 15% off...not sure how many times it works 🤷🏻**♂️.

http://rvairflow.refr.cc/michaell

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tape the a/c return air

Quote Originally Posted by Mickdayank View Post
    People always take the time to post negative reviews, but many do not take the time to post positive reviews and I believe that they are far more important so here is mine. Customer service is a huge deal to me. In fact it is the one thing that will bring me back to a company, a restaurant or other business more than anything else because it is in such short supply. I ordered the RV Airflow module from RVairflow.com for my Coleman Mach 15 Main AC/heat pump unit in my 2019 Grand Design 2930 RL. I received a shipment email less than one hour after I ordered it which surprised me that it happened that fast. Two days later it arrived and when I opened the box to my surprise it was missing the duct inserts. Needless to say I was not happy. I emailed RV Airflow and told them of my predicament and included a photo and asked if they would send the missing parts overnight because I had a camping trip planned for the weekend. I also called in the morning to follow up and was informed by the extremely helpful lady that one would be sent out immediately. By the end of the day I had received another tracking email for an overnight shipment of the missing parts! The parts arrived this morning before my planned trip. They also gave me a 10% refund for my troubles...didnt tell me, they just did it. I watched the video on the website and it was very helpful. I had to use a screwdriver to compress one of the duct inserts so the block would slide up inside the AC unit flat as designed. The airflow is certainly noticeably stronger and it does seem to keep things cooler, in fact the bedroom unit runs less due to the amount of air being pushed from the main unit. I would say I am definitely happy! They sent me a little link below for 15% off...not sure how many times it works 🤷🏻**♂️.

http://rvairflow.refr.cc/michaell
    I taped up the return air on the 15k coleman and taped up any sharp areas. The installation person did not tape the return air area well. Had several places leaking. After taping all areas and even taping areas to make the air flow smoother, the amount of air coming out of the vents is remarkable. Using one a/c in 99 degree texas summer and able to cycle a/c on and off in the auto mode set at 74 degrees. Before taping off rough edges , rv a/c would run continuously and not keep it cool inside.... Most units probably would benefit from extra time taping off sharp edges around the duct system and return air. I think the aluminum duct tape is much cheaper than spending $180 on aftermarket product which eliminates the dump feature, leaves the a/c working as intended and works much much better than factory taping job.
    Tim & Debra
    2015 RAM 3500, SRW, 4x4, 6.7, Air bags, 18k Demco Auto Slider
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 26RLS, 16" Goodyear Endurance Tires,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteHauler View Post
    https://youtu.be/rxCljBVi8DU

I don't know if this video is going to come through, but.....good info on correcting the vents for more efficient AC operation. It was a You Tube video.
    Saw this on another blog...actually Grand Design. Everyone reporting back in has stated they found some of the same issues with their AC vents.
    I haven't looked at mine yet, but will over the next couple weeks as it is in storage....for now.
    This was useful info for me. The LR AC needed the dividers positioned adjusted. Thanks so much for posting it.
    I have a 351M and I swapped the vents in the LR that are closest to the sofa to the adjustable opening, one direction air flow vent. We get an improved air flow in our direction which just so happens to be in the sunny side of the coach.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	28435

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast