User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A/C tips for keeping cool

We went to a county park over the weekend and it was full sun 95+ degrees with over 100 heat index and the a/c had trouble keeping up. It never cut off until the middle of the night. Wondering what tricks there are to help it with cooling? BTW it’s a 2020 Imagine 2600rb thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep all windows/blinds shut and vents shut, put reflectix in window and you can get the roof vent "pillows" that go in the vent cavity on the inside of the RV. Other than that and parking in the shade there isnt too much else to do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Keep all windows/blinds shut and vents shut, put reflectix in window and you can get the roof vent "pillows" that go in the vent cavity on the inside of the RV. Other than that and parking in the shade there isnt too much else to do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ditto, your average AC will only drop ambient temperatures by around 20 deg unless you have other issues with the AC like not having a good separation in the unit between supply and the return air.
    Last edited by Cahriad; 07-21-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    Ditto, your average AC will only drop ambient temperatures by around 20 deg unless you have other issues with the AC like not having a good separation in the unit between supply and the return air.
    Exactly. This. The ACs don't work like the ones at brick and mortar buildings.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A/C tips for keeping cool

Quote Originally Posted by suber81083 View Post
    We went to a county park over the weekend and it was full sun 95+ degrees with over 100 heat index and the a/c had trouble keeping up. It never cut off until the middle of the night. Wondering what tricks there are to help it with cooling? BTW it’s a 2020 Imagine 2600rb thanks!

Seriously considering this upgrade. Appears to increase efficiency and flow by anywhere from 35 to 45%. Seems a bit pricey but when I’m melting inside, I will wish I have done it If I don’t.

https://rvairflow.com/

2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Ft4Now mentioned you need to block off/insulate any windows that provide heat. Another option that folks have been satisfied with is https://rvairflow.com/ - but it all starts with insulating/blocking off heat coming into your trailer. You may consider adding insulation to certain areas (walls, basement, etc) that will help keep it cool or warm - depending on the weather.

I was out a couple of weekends ago in 100+ heat. For about two hours 4:30 to 6:30 pm the inside temp would rise to 79-80 - that's with reflectix on our windows and the AC set at 74. My DW and I normally don't use our RV in July and August because of the extreme heat. Since we live in Texas we have 9-10 months that we use our RV at least once a month if not more. As I get older though (cough, cough) I cannot handle the heat like I did a few years ago.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    As Ft4Now mentioned you need to block off/insulate any windows that provide heat. Another option that folks have been satisfied with is https://rvairflow.com/ - but it all starts with insulating/blocking off heat coming into your trailer. You may consider adding insulation to certain areas (walls, basement, etc) that will help keep it cool or warm - depending on the weather.

I was out a couple of weekends ago in 100+ heat. For about two hours 4:30 to 6:30 pm the inside temp would rise to 79-80 - that's with reflectix on our windows and the AC set at 74. My DW and I normally don't use our RV in July and August because of the extreme heat. Since we live in Texas we have 9-10 months that we use our RV at least once a month if not more. As I get older though (cough, cough) I cannot handle the heat like I did a few years ago.
    We are right there with you Jim & Kate. We are fulltime. Wasn't too bad today around Austin, just below 100 (cloudy). Our AC seems to be doing a fairly good job keeping the coach at 75-77 running both of course on HI Auto in the last 10 days of 100+. i've tried to experiment how it affects the coach temp running the AC units with the main louvers open, race track vents not used, versus one running through the race vents and the other running through the main unit louvers. Seems running the AC unit in the living area with the main vents open keeps the living area cooler. The front bedroom AC unit is running through the race track vents.

The fridge isn't doing to bad either hanging around 37-40 with late afternoon full sun on the port side.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    Seriously considering this upgrade. Appears to increase efficiency and flow by anywhere from 35 to 45%. Seems a bit pricey but when I’m melting inside, I will wish I have done it If I don’t.

https://rvairflow.com/

I just saw an advertisement on the rvairflow today and looked it up. According to their website, Grand Design will be incorporating this in their rv's in the near future.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentService View Post
    I just saw an advertisement on the rvairflow today and looked it up. According to their website, Grand Design will be incorporating this in their rv's in the near future.
    I had one of the RVAirflow devices delivered this week. I pick up our 260RD from the dealer (minor upgrade and repairs) on Thursday and will install the device the same day. We are heading out Friday for a couple days to test it out. I'll report back with my findings.
    2011Chevy Silverado 6.0 2500HD
    2020.5 (White) Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that I haven’t seen mentioned is to start the AC early in the day. Getting ahead of the curve, and maintaining a lower temp from the start is easier than playing “catch-up” later.

We usually turn it on, set the temp that we want it to come on at, then relax and enjoy. If we are out of the trailer, checking out the countryside, it’s much cooler if it’s been running while we were out than waiting for it to cool things down when we get back.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast