Yep, they are heavy. They is the appeal to the smaller lighter gennys
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me add my 2 cents worth 🤪

We have a pair of Honda UI2000’s. We bring them both with us when RVing. When we aren’t camping we bring them to our remote cabin. Just tonight I had to fire one up at our remote cabin because FPL had a power outage that lasted 3 hours.

I easily carried it out of the shed with one hand. Walked it over about 300 feet and set it up close to the cabin, Connected a 50 ft extension cord to it and 2 pulls it was running. it powered our cabin refrigerator a couple of LED desk lamps and a small portable ceramic heater to keep our parrot from freezing to death.

I lit the main area up with a LED desk lamp powered with the UPS that the computer is connected to.

We almost fired up the fireplace but it wasn’t necessary.

If we needed more electrical capacity we would have fired up the 2nd companion generator to feed additional devices.

I bought the Hondas 4 years ago primarily for camping but we find is used more as emergency power at the cabin. At the time it was between the Yamaha and the Honda. Both were and still are about the same price.

After reading this thread I am seriously thinking of getting the Westinghouse iGen4500DF inverter for primary power backup for the cabin. With my Lowe’s 10% veteran discount I can have it delivered to my cabin for $944 +tax. But for the RV the light weight, quiet Honda’s will be in the 5th wheel basement since I can easily pick them up.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Honda also. Right in the middle.....it is a 2800w inverter generator. 3 gallon gas tank with gauge, 30a and 2 15a connections. I added an hour meter......I could not tell a difference in sound level between this and the 2200 we ran back to back. Weighs 70lbs.....got it for 1195 btw.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    I have a Honda also. Right in the middle.....it is a 2800w inverter generator. 3 gallon gas tank with gauge, 30a and 2 15a connections. I added an hour meter......I could not tell a difference in sound level between this and the 2200 we ran back to back. Weighs 70lbs.....got it for 1195 btw.....
    Can it run the RV air conditioner with out the easy start option.
    That’s a good price but it’s not got the same sound shield that the others have .

It’s rated decibel level is 62 to 67. The Westinghouse and e2200 are rated at 52 decibels.😄

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Honda-Eg280...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Can it run the RV air conditioner with out the easy start option.[/url]
    Yup. It can. At least on my 13.5 bedroom ac. Never tried the 15k one
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Yup. It can. At least on my 13.5 bedroom ac. Never tried the 15k one
    My Yamaha can run my 15k with some to spare. Today's rv airs vary quite a bit. It takes about 23 - 25 amps for startup and about 16 - 18 amps continuous or between 1900 and 2160 watts.

Figure 23 amps is right around 2800 watts. Most of these have a burst or boost allowing short periods in excess of the run amount. Mine has a burst of 3500, so I have no challenges running a single 15k air, with a little left over for say tv or even shorts bursts of the micro, but that is hot and miss cause it will push it.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ever watch those Alaska survival shows on television? I've never seen anything but the Honda. Full disclaimer, I have two of the 2000's. Regards
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kscaddo View Post
    You ever watch those Alaska survival shows on television? I've never seen anything but the Honda. Full disclaimer, I have two of the 2000's. Regards
    It's not just Alaska. Anytime or place where people count on their generators working, you will find Hondas.
    When I competed in AKC field Trials, Hondas were the choice. Ocasionally someone new would show up with another brand, but it never took them long to end up with a Honda.
    Field trialers generally have some money, and WILL spend it on a reliable item. They want their focus to be on the dogs and the competition.... Not fussying around with a generator. The same went for other items as well. Trucks were a case in point. When Ford came out with the 6.0 with much fanfare, quite a few started showing up. They quickly went away as the problems with that motor became known.
    Yes a Honda is expensive. Pay once, cry once.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kscaddo View Post
    When I bought my 2 Honda EU2000's I was concerned about run time and how long they would last. After a big hurricane here in NC lots of the cheaper ones failed after a 100 hours, owners probably did not head warnings on frequent oil changes. I did some inquires and seems the off grid guys run these things 1000's of hours with proper maintenance. Only issue I have had was a nest that got built into one of the mufflers, that was not easy to find!!
    Not doubts that mine will out live me!
    Tim in NC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honda does quite a bit of engineering with their generators. Not saying other manufactures don't do the same, I just think Honda does it better.
    The 2200's have a 125cc commercial engine. What size engine is in other brands in this range?
    2024 Ford F350 CCSB Lariat 7.3 4.30
    Sold- 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
    Sold - 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 7.3 4.30
    Sold - 2020 GD Reflection 303RLS, 2019 GD Imagine 2250 RK

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast