User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Honda Generator

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up to you, but gensets use a lot of propane. It may be handy in an emergency, but if it were me, I'd be running it on gas as much as possible. Also if you check the output, on propane the genset will produce less current.

Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    Concerning Lowe's, did you sign up for the automatic notification once it became available?

Turned out that the seller I ordered from via eBay sent me the gas-only model instead of the dual fuel model he had listed. Now I'm going through the process of either exchange or refund. The seller is offering me to keep the gas-only model of the iGen4500 for half price, so that's about $650. Looks like Lowe's has it for $950...and Amazon has it for $920...I am tempted to keep it for $650. Thoughts? How much benefit is there with the propane option?
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Up to you, but gensets use a lot of propane. It may be handy in an emergency, but if it were me, I'd be running it on gas as much as possible. Also if you check the output, on propane the genset will produce less current.
    Propane has advantages when using generator for short periods of time in an emergency like house power outage. That’s how we use our current Propane converted Honda UI2000 generator at our remote Florida cabin. At least 10 times a year we loose power for anywhere from 3-10 hours after a storm, when trees take down power lines. We can fire up the gen on propane, and provide power to the fridge, freezer, fans and some lights. When power comes back on no need to run the gas dry to prevent carb gumming up.

For longer runs like when dry camping, gasoline makes better sense.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314