0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVfreedom View Post
    So this linked Australian Westinghouse website says the generators are made in China and Vietnam not Ohio. Do we believe that or www.powerup.com ?

Watching this thread as we need a small generator soon.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2018 Titan CC 4x4

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ACDogs View Post
    So this linked Australian Westinghouse website says the generators are made in China and Vietnam not Ohio. Do we believe that or www.powerup.com ?

Watching this thread as we need a small generator soon.
    This thread has gone very southward.

They are not made in the US. They are assembled in the US from parts sourced abroad. Westinghouse has not "designed" anything about them, they have specified the performance characteristics which mostly entailed the electrical output to be compatible with US standards.

The only manufacturer of portable generators using their own design and making all major components that I know of is Yamaha. Honda used to, but I can't speak to that still being the case after they sold off a division 6-7 years ago (sometimes sales are just on paper to reorganize a business).
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Westinghouse came in today. On the box it indicates is was manufactured in Vietnam for what it's worth.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine almost two years ago came from Ohio.
    Seems like all manufactures produce them and parts in many countries in the world. Even Honda’s are produced in Japan, China, France, India, Thailand and US . Reflects the global economy and price of labor .

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinICT View Post
    My Westinghouse came in today. On the box it indicates is was manufactured in Vietnam for what it's worth.
    Vietnam is getting more popular for manufacturing. My Japanese Toto toilets have been all manufactured in Vietnam. First class products.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I pulled the trigger on the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, but had to order it through eBay and pay about $50 more than Home Depot or other stores due to it's being on back order until mid-June! We're doing some dry-camping in May so I had to pay the premium. I've had good experience with eBay and their vendors; I'm hoping that trend will continue.

I went with the Westinghouse due to its wattage, dual fuel capability, weight, overall positive ratings and reviews, and cost. I could have purchased a second Honda EU2200i generator for about the same amount, perhaps even a bit less, but then I'd have to lug around two generators and be limited to gasoline only. We're not heavy users, so hopefully with proper maintenance and storage this unit will serve our needs for years to come...

Thanks for all the input, I find this forum most educational and, at times, entertaining.
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Vietnam is getting more popular for manufacturing. My Japanese Toto toilets have been all manufactured in Vietnam. First class products.
    YES IT HAS! There is significantly more trade advantage throughout Southeast Asia. We're considering shuttering our China manufacturing facility after our newest line in Vietnam is completed later this year since our Thailand-based are making more consistent quality product at a better price point as well. FWIW - we have 13 production facilities across the US as well, 4 of which making product in my purview.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger on the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, but had to order it through eBay and pay about $50 more than Home Depot or other stores due to it's being on back order until mid-June! We're doing some dry-camping in May so I had to pay the premium. I've had good experience with eBay and their vendors; I'm hoping that trend will continue.

I went with the Westinghouse due to its wattage, dual fuel capability, weight, overall positive ratings and reviews, and cost. I could have purchased a second Honda EU2200i generator for about the same amount, perhaps even a bit less, but then I'd have to lug around two generators and be limited to gasoline only. We're not heavy users, so hopefully with proper maintenance and storage this unit will serve our needs for years to come...

Thanks for all the input, I find this forum most educational and, at times, entertaining.
    Hope you like it as much as we like yours. You’ll find a way to deal with its extra heft. Additionally follow the oil change regimens . It’s very easy since the digital readout. One of the bump stops is how many hours since the last oil change. Changing the 1 qt of oil takes less than 5 minutes.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, since my Honda EU2000i is parallel capable and my new Westinghouse is also, can I connect them with the appropriate parallel kit for added power?
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast