User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    scott42blue

I have had Transfer Flow and RDS

Quote Originally Posted by ranchdog View Post
    Just a note for the cost conscious. RDS fuel tanks, auxiliary or transfer, are sold by Northern Tool, Amazon and Nationwide Wholesale Direct with the latter usually being the least expensive. They are aluminum and come in bright aluminum or powder coated black. Installation of the gravity flow system is very simple and is best accomplished by two as there is action required both above and below the truck bed. I have no interest in any of these entities but I try to be as selective as possible spending my discretionary dollars so I'm just passing on some information that might save you a dollar or two.
    Had them both, on 2001 Chevy had under bed Transfer Flow 47 gallon and RDS tool box tank combo. I have moved RDS to the 2013 Chevy. I like the gravity system because it is simple. It will throw a error code on newer truck if fuel gauge does not move over time. New diesels are fussy about old dirty fuel and don't like water mixed in. They are also expensive to repair. Transfer Flow is a aluminum/steel type and I had some issues with condensation and possible corrosion. But it was not a every day driver and stayed in garage most of the time. It also reduced ground clearance by a few inches.
    Call RDS direct and save a few bucks. They have a web site and when I bought mine all the Northern Tool tanks had decal with there contact info.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the RDS 72646. It's 51 gal with a toolbox. I would never tow long distances again without it - got jammed up a few years ago in small station getting diesel. Almost ran out and it was the only one for miles. Should have unhooked the the trlr first. Lesson learned. Bought and installed the 51 gal tank. Much better. Now I fill up once a day or so in locations that I know I can get in and out of as I come across them. No stress!
    Chris
    Kanata ON
    2015 337RLS, 2014 Ram 3500 DRW CTD Crew Cab

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    I know you said you looking at an auxiliary tank, but I too went with the mid-ship replacement. I can travel 750+ miles on one tank without my trailer. So I figure I could get about 350 ish miles with my 5er in tow. But becaus you have the long bed, you could get the 65 gallon mid-ship one.

Here is what the 26 gallon and 50 gallon look like side by side
    Attachment 1436
    Attachment 1437

I installed it in my garage in 3 hours (had to stop a few times because of distractions). Just something else to consider.
    Thanks for the pics Stephen. Did you get your dash recalibrated? If so, who did it? Any problems with the tank since install?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123