User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Tennessee

Joined a week or so ago and haven't had much time to enjoy this site.

We are proud owners of a 2019 GD Solitude 385 GK-R. We have had it out and about on 3 trips with more planned.

Thanks for hosting this site!
    Last edited by housercg; 07-22-2020 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Change title.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're just south of you 5 miles over the Alabama State Line.

Don't overlook the Tennessee River Valley for much of your camping needs as there are great RV camping in Guntersville State Park, Joe Wheeler State Park, Point Mallard Park (Decatur), McFarland Park (Florence) and other TVA and U.S. Corp of Engineer facilities. You also have Davy Crockett State Park (Lawrenceburg), Pickwick Landing State Park and J.P. Coleman State Park (Iuka, MS) with great campgrounds.

And all are a relatively short distance from anyone in Middle TN.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picking up a new to us, 2018 Reflection 320MKS on Saturday. We're in West Tennessee and there are a few nice parks around this area also (that includes Northern Mississippi)!
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have good facilities at Paris Landing State Park and Natchez Trace State Park up by Huntington. Pickwick Landing is especially popular for those from the Memphis area.

My wife used to camp at Arkabutla and Sardis Lake in state parks when her kids were young.

We hang out in the Blue Ridge Mountains at a member owned campground at Helen, GA. They keep my RV in storage and move it on a campsite for me.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like Helen, GA. Never have camped there but have spent a week or so in a hotel. That was before we started camping... will have to try Pickwick and Sardis. We have plans to go up into KY then east into WV. Looking forward to those trips. I also just want to take off and go for a couple of months at a time. Started those plans a few months ago then Covid hit. We don't want to go somewhere that is closed or has limited open times.

Thanks!
    Chris

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Chris and Beverly - Gallatin, TN
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 385 GK-R
    2017 Ford F-350SD 6.7L
    Green - RV Traveled, Blue - Traveled