Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we are buying a new 2021 GD Reflection 303RLS. I got a really great deal from General RV Center. I will being driving 5.5 hours to pick it up on Saturday. The last fifth wheel I purchased I camped at a local RV park and was able to get everything fixed before we went home. I won’t have time to do that this time. Their you tube video shows a thorough inspection process.

Fireside Member Jefferson Beifuss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We chose Grand Design because of their reputation for quality post construction QC. That said, we still insisted on a pre-buy inspection by a certified NRVIA inspector. We were looking for used and actually lost out on 4 337RLS rigs because the owners sold them before I could arrange the inspection. That said, the rig we did find, in southern CA, was gently used and we are more than happy with our purchase back in May of 2019. Have I had to make repairs? You bet. Anybody who tries to tell you that all the bugs will be gone is lying. But I got to put my choice of tires on it, I got to find out how everything works rather than leaving it in the shop for months on end (thanks mostly to the men and women on this forum!!) New or used, there will be things to fix. I would argue, fix everything you can yourself so you learn how it goes together.

I guess it boils down to what your goals are. Do you want to go camping or do you want to have that up close and personal relationship with that dealer? I'd rather go camping and fix stuff myself, if at all possible. Involve the dealer as little as possible. They are in business to sell you trailers and parts. Service is not that high a priority, it would appear. Many of the people on this forum are the best resources you will find as they are the day to day users of these rigs. They are happy to help.
    Jeff & Jean
    2015 GD Reflection 337RLS, Goodyear Endurance tires, JT Strongarm stabilizers
    2015 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat, w/ Sulastic spring shackles, Rancho shocks, airbag, 80 gal supplemental fuel tank, Curt Q20 hitch, Access rollup cover

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
    We looked at a new 2021 303RLS and fell in love with it, but unfortunately it is outside our budget of what we want to spend. I am currently looking at a 2018 303RLS from a private a seller. They are out of town this week, but I plan to go look at it this weekend. Single owner and has been stored in a climate controlled pole barn. It is priced on the low side in my opinion. The second camper is a 2019 303RLS that was a single owner trade in at an RV dealer that is about an hour away. The pictures the dealer sent to me look like a brand new hardly used fifth wheel in my opinion. Both campers have 2nd ACs, 4 door refrigerator, auto leveling, etc. The 2019 has awning covers on the slide outs.

My question is has anyone bought used before and what is your experience. I bought a new Sabre Forest River Bunk House fifth wheel special order in 2014 and we had a few issues all fixed under warranty. We also bought a new Merhow 3 horse trailer with living quarters in 2017 and never had an issue. I am a little leery of buying a trade in just because you do not know how well it was taken care of. I guess you can say the same about the private seller as well.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    I would go with the newer one with the slide toppers.
    1 the 2019 might have 16" wheels
    2 The slide toppers are a $1500-2000 bill. I wish I had them on my 303 rls. I hate climbing on the roof to clean the slides off.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    2 The slide toppers are a $1500-2000 bill. I wish I had them on my 303 rls. I hate climbing on the roof to clean the slides off.
    3 I forget to mention that you may be able to get some sort of a warranty from the dealer.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update, we bought a new 2021 Reflection 303RLS. I picked it up last week. I could never find a decent used one. I bought this one from General RV at prices other dealers and Private sellers were asking for used ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200801_164616.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	28602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200801_164616.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	28602

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Every camper I have owned has had slide out toppers. I will eventually add them at some point. Never had to worry about cleaning off the slide outs until now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12