User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2020 Reflection came with the GY's. It was a $400 option.
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2017 Solitude came with G rated Westlakes. I never had a problem with them. Rode great and never lost air. I just recently replaced them since their date stamp was 4 years old and I went with the same Westlakes again. So far so good. I’ll definitely look into the Cooper H next round.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    I've been seeing whispers over on the GD FB page that GD trailers are shipping with Goodyear tires.

I emailed a Regional Sales Manager and asked about that. His reply...

"Goodyear Endurance E rates are going on Momentum trailers and reflection 5w’s.

Solitudes and Momentum 5w’s will be getting the Cooper American Made H Rates 16 ply tires"

HUGE news. GD leads the way again!

He didn't mention what the order date was for the switch over to these better tires.
    Does anyone know the name of the Cooper H rated tire?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see this. The tires on my 2019 solitude where shite. Had them change within 6 days of buying .

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    I've been seeing whispers over on the GD FB page that GD trailers are shipping with Goodyear tires.

I emailed a Regional Sales Manager and asked about that. His reply...

"Goodyear Endurance E rates are going on Momentum trailers and reflection 5w’s.

Solitudes and Momentum 5w’s will be getting the Cooper American Made H Rates 16 ply tires"

HUGE news. GD leads the way again!

He didn't mention what the order date was for the switch over to these better tires.
    Last month we traded our GD TT for another one. The tires are the same on both. I had the Westlakes swapped for my practically new Endurance. He told me they had had a really good experience with Westlake. I showed him this picture and he said that he wouldn't want Westlakes either. When AAA changed the tire, he said he had never seen a tire blow out like this. We were 20 miles into our trip and I always check the tires.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1529193877756_97202491409101.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	28513

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    The GYs are about a $400 upcharge on the Reflections, which saves me the worry and trouble of replacing the usually cheap tires that come on most new trailers.
    I just took delivery of a Reflection travel trailer. It came with GoodYear tires and it did not show an upcharge? In fact I had priced a 2020 through them and it sold before I could get to dealer, so I waited on the 2021. With the 2021, I got upgraded GoodYear tires, MorRyde suspension ,extra gray water tank, adjustable supports under the steps, and the compass command system, and also the foam block in the living room air at no extra charge! I got this trailer for the same exact price I had quoted at this dealer and within a few dollars of another dealers price.
    Last edited by PTParker; 08-01-2020 at 05:48 PM. Reason: forgot something.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been looking on the web for Cooper 16 inch H rated tires for my 2019 our 381M and connot not find that tire. Any suggestions where to find them?
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M
    2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    I just took delivery of a Reflection travel trailer. It came with GoodYear tires and it did not show an upcharge? In fact I had priced a 2020 through them and it sold before I could get to dealer, so I waited on the 2021. With the 2021, I got upgraded GoodYear tires, MorRyde suspension ,extra gray water tank, adjustable supports under the steps, and the compass command system, and also the foam block in the living room air at no extra charge! I got this trailer for the same exact price I had quoted at this dealer and within a few dollars of another dealers price.
    That's great. If you 'build' a new one on the GD website, it shows up as a forced option at $391. Same for the order sheet my dealer sent me. They are not free, but are worth it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so sorry

Quote Originally Posted by safron View Post
    My 2017 Solitude came with G rated Westlakes. I never had a problem with them. Rode great and never lost air. I just recently replaced them since their date stamp was 4 years old and I went with the same Westlakes again. So far so good. I’ll definitely look into the Cooper H next round.
    So sorry you are going with the westlake tires again...... They don't ride very well. When I changed to goodyear endurance tires, the ride on my 2017 Reflection 26rls was superb compared to westlake tires that GD put on. The westlake are known to be China bombs which will cause extensive damage to your RV when/if they blow out. Good luck.
    Tim & Debra
    2015 RAM 3500, SRW, 4x4, 6.7, Air bags, 18k Demco Auto Slider
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 26RLS, 16" Goodyear Endurance Tires,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moppie14 View Post
    I have been looking on the web for Cooper 16 inch H rated tires for my 2019 our 381M and connot not find that tire. Any suggestions where to find them?
    I believe the H rated tires are 17.5". Not available in a 16" diameter. H rated tires are 16 ply.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast