User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bix wireless cradle point modem and Great White roof mount antenna installation

Well My wife and i are not really full timers still to young for that but with covid and being able to work remotely we finally decided we had enough of near zero cell service and or unusable or no wifi. So i did some research and settled on Bix wireless at&at 400gb plan with a craddlepoint ibr600c. I then talked to a friend of mine who does installation of modems and antennas into police vehicles. He recommended a panorama great white antenna with both cell and wifi antennas they also use gps but was not really necessary for what I'm doing but cdw only had the version with gps so thats what i got.

I planned on using the satellite passthrough in the bedroom but decided against that as it was very close to the a/c unit. I then set off looking for a good pass through location my favorite spot in the bathroom had 400 wires visible on my camera alsonneed to be cautious of the racetrack air ducts that run down the middle of both sides.

I decided that next to the vent stack in the master bath was a good start. There is in wall access to the tub connections via the back of the cabnet. And a floor passthrough as the vent pipes go up the wall here.

I used 3/4 pvc conduit. Which is actually supported by the header i drilled a 1 1/8" hole and allowed the expanded joint rest on the hole i bored through the header. I used a heat gun to put about a 6" step to allow the pipe to come straight down left of the shower plumbing and then head over to the floor pass through next to the vent stack. Put a bushing at both ends to prevent chaffing. The bottom is secured with a zip tie with a screw hole location in it. This area is hard to access with 2 hands so a normal conduit clamp was out of the question. Again the conduit can not fall down. I filled the hole around the access hole in roof with lap sealant in the event water gets by the external bead and the mastic i put on the bottom off the box.

Im still waiting on a 12v power cable so i can finish the modem install in the basement.

Right now I'm using one of the two wifi antennas to use the router as a wifi access point when its at home connected to my ubiquity nano station i have mounted on my house. It will then automatically fail over to the 4g or 3g service if it does not connect to the home wifi.

The other roof mount wifi antenna serves as the main router antenna to broadcast both wifi networks.

When we are camping if the campground has wifi but a poor signal strength like the last one we stayed at the roof mount antenna will pick up the signal and the serve as an access point if i go in and connect to their wifi. I'll post a picture of my modem install when its complete.

I also intend to disconnect the factory router and use the craddlepoint to tie into the LCI system.

This system should provide good wifi to my truck while we are on the road even with poor cell service.

My buddy said he has shown police departments in remote areas that get zero cell service on their phones that the roof mount antenna picks up sufficient service and that they could then make phone calls using voipClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200723_170640.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	28283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200723_175042.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	28284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200723_184121.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	28285Attachment 28286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200723_190517.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	28287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200723_145906.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	28288

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modem is installed in the basement. Wired to 12 v. I added a fuse in the box for this. The cat 5 is actually wired to a range extender that can see my house. The roof mount has a obstructed view through a metal polebarn and does not get a strong signal as it is 250 feet from the access point on the rear of my house Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200727_202944.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	28436

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk