Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M399th with 8k/Disc Brakes to Ram 3500

I have an M399th on order, with the 8k/Disc Brake option. The tow vehicle is a 2020 Ram 3500 DRW with integrated trailer brake controller.

Will the stock controller work with the disc brake option, or do I need to go another route? I want to avoid an "Oh Crap" moment when we take delivery.

Any ideas are welcome. TIA!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need to check with GD and see what brake actuator they are using and which, if any, translator module they install. When we had MORryde install disc brakes on our previous Reflection, they installed a translator module to work with the IBC in our 2013 Sierra we had at the time. The same module also worked with the IBC in our 2012 F350. My understanding at the time that the translators were GMC/Ford and a different one for Ram. The MORryde setup that we got with our new Solitude doesn't have a translator module (that I've found) but works well with the IBC in the Ford. Of course, things change with model years in the trucks, too. The only way to know for sure is to check with both GD and Ram. What you definitely DON'T want to do is install an aftermarket controller in the truck when there's a factory IBC already there - the IBCs are so much better.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015