User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After market sealant question

Picking up our new fifth wheel soon. We’ve been offered a NanoCure Appearance Protection package to protect the exterior and interior surfaces. Any thoughts about whether or not we should purchase it? Dealer says we won’t have to wax for 5-7 years. Also, any thoughts about an extended warranty? I’ve been looking into Wholesale Warranties Viking Protection Plan.
    This will be our second camper (first was not a GD). We purchased both packages with the first and never needed them.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1959 View Post
    Picking up our new fifth wheel soon. We’ve been offered a NanoCure Appearance Protection package to protect the exterior and interior surfaces. Any thoughts about whether or not we should purchase it? Dealer says we won’t have to wax for 5-7 years. Also, any thoughts about an extended warranty? I’ve been looking into Wholesale Warranties Viking Protection Plan.
    This will be our second camper (first was not a GD). We purchased both packages with the first and never needed them.
    Welcome to the forum!

Can’t help much with either surface protections or extended warranty from Wholesale Warranties (WW). But I watched this YouTube video a few weeks ago that deals with a denied claim by WW. Check the comments also. I’m sure there are others with positive experiences to balance it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA-1...ture=emb_title
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    We bought the package for the outer coating..... not sure if it has helped or not..... BUT we just had a repair done on the front end and the body shop guy lectured us about how we don't need any of those coatings with the nice finishes already on these coaches. He also said don't let anyone talk you into a "polish". He said a really nice wash and coat of wax is all you need. Sad we spent the money on the coating, but live and learn. Wouldn't pay for it again, but I will pay someone to wax.
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO- save your money. Wash RV regularly and have it waxed twice a year and you’ll be fine. I always pass on Extended Warranty. I’ve owned 5 units in past 30 years and never had a repair that would have exceeded the cost of the EXW.

Happy Camping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the extended warranty and the appearance protection for the outside. Cancelled my extended warranty two months after getting it, and wish I didn't buy the appearance protection. They just smear it on there. My wife thought it would be a good idea to get. I like to wax mine anyways and am particular so, if you don't mind waxing yourself I'd just do that.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only true paint coatings that last years such as they are suggesting to you are going to be true ceramic coatings. These require a great deal of proper prep, proper application and cure time. On a typical car your normally looking at around $1500 from a professional and licensed detailer. You as an end user can not buy the highest end products.

For what you are likely getting (I am not familiar with the actual product mentioned, and I couldn't find a manufactures website) I would skip it and instead use a modern ceramic hybrid spray on - wipe off sealant. The industry has changed a great deal over the last 5 years and there are now consumer grade hybrids that are very inexpensive, simple to use and will provide 6 to 12 months of UV/Chemical protection with a spray/wipe hybrid synthetic sealant. Mothers, Turtle Wax and Meguiars all make them now.

There are also spray on - hose off synthetic sealants... The simplicity of these newest generations of products removes the many hours of work once required.

If you like the wipe on, quick buff off with a microfiber, this is a fantastic choice that is super easy. It goes on clear, is nearly invisible, and buffs any streaking off in seconds. One of the better/easier consumer wipe on products out there....
    https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/M...oz-46p8134.htm

If you want to spray on, hose off and then dry with a microfiber.... you can not get easier than this.
    https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/M...x-280p7874.htm

Want to step up in the semi-pro line? Optimum Opti-Seal. Spray, wipe and walk away!
    https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/O...Seal-47p83.htm

There are so many options of quick, low labor, synthetic sealants out there today that spreading paste wax should simply be outlawed!
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer