User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy streaming or playback of media over TCL “dumb” TV....

Picked up a Lightning Digital AV Adapter from Amazon.ca for about$20CDN, around $15US. Plug into your “i”device, iPad, iPhone or iPod. Connect an HDMI cable to TCL TV and a power supply (phone charger) and the TV mirrors whatever is on your “i” device. Last week we were in a campground with reasonable WiFi, and we could stream news using network apps (GEM, Global, CTV, CITY) and shows from our Prime account.
    I had a few movies on my iPad, and these were available to play back. Quick and easy method to turn a “dumb” TV into a Smart TV, IMO.
    Must be an active device as it does heat up and as WiFi stumbles it buffers the source.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently picked up a USB to HDMI cable to connect my Android phone to our TVs. I could watch Hulu and Netflix, no problem. It does suck the battery life on the phone, though, and attempting to do a wireless charge caused a pulsing interference to the signal as the phone tried to charge. It was great for a couple of hours, though.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased the Apple lightning to digital AV adapter via Amazon and have been loving it. We’ve watched Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, CBS All Access, HBO, and Starz directly from our phones. The genuine Apple product, in addition to the HDMI port, has a female lightning input which allows us to charge the phone while simultaneously using it to stream. Reading reviews of cheaper knock-off adapters indicated they didn’t perform as well or as reliably. We also have a Roku hooked up but using it requires us to use Hotspot data, which is limited to 30Gb per month before it throttles. Streaming directly from the phones utilizes the 75 Gb of 4G data we each have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    I recently picked up a USB to HDMI cable to connect my Android phone to our TVs. I could watch Hulu and Netflix, no problem. It does suck the battery life on the phone, though, and attempting to do a wireless charge caused a pulsing interference to the signal as the phone tried to charge. It was great for a couple of hours, though.
    Wonder if there is an Android to HDMI digital AV adapter? The Apple device I refer to has an input for a power supply, charger. Phone charges as it streams or plays back.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We plugged a $25 roku stick into the dumb tv and connect to my mifi. Stream Hulu, Netflix etc without issue. As long as we have cellular connectivity of course.

+++++++++++++++++++
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Andersen ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Champion dual fuel 3500 generator
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    Dinosaur electronics ignitor board
    MicroAir Easy-Start
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins