Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Refrigertor DM2882RBX Door Handle

hello folks, has anyone else had their dometic DM2882RBX door handle break? we've been using our 2020 2800bh since may that we bought new. within a month or two the handle broke. we just received a replacement handle from gd but not clear on how to install. it seems like we'll need to remove the black plastic trim on the top of the door in order to get the new handle to slide down into the tracks of the vertical trim. i'm not finding any screws in the trim so am assuming it pops out, but don't want to break it. hoping someone here has done this before and can advise. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have same problem. Did you have success replacing your self?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoperoberts View Post
    Have same problem. Did you have success replacing your self?
    yeah, my wife was able to replace it without a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have a broken part in the upper end of the door handle. I received parts on warrantee, was able to pop off the trim but still can get in to replace the part. What happens next. Do you have to take off the entire door?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. SWANSON View Post
    I too have a broken part in the upper end of the door handle. I received parts on warrantee, was able to pop off the trim but still can get in to replace the part. What happens next. Do you have to take off the entire door?
    wife doesn't remember but said it was pretty involved. might want to talk to someone at GD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a temporary fix, can the wooden insert be taken off without removing the trim. Tried to find a blowup diagram of the door assembly from dometic which doesn't seem to exist. The bottom door trim is cracked and prevents the door from being opened completely. Appreciate you help to get us to Monday when GD or Dometic is open.