User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite superlite ISR

I ordered an AUH but it is on national backorder and won't be here for 3 weeks, we are scheduled to pick up our new 31MB on thursday and my DW would kill me if she knew the delay on the hitch. So, my buddy has a superlite ISR that he is letting me borrow till the new one gets here. Ram 2500 SB, not sure how it will work out but we'll see. Got used to my super glide but it was damaged during the accident with my previous 5er about a month ago. Any thoughts on the superlite in a SB Ram? I like the concept of the easy install/uninstall of the superlite and AUH, but apprehensive about clearance etc. Comments accepted graciously!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite superlite ISR

Quote Originally Posted by sellis View Post
    I ordered an AUH but it is on national backorder and won't be here for 3 weeks, we are scheduled to pick up our new 31MB on thursday and my DW would kill me if she knew the delay on the hitch. So, my buddy has a superlite ISR that he is letting me borrow till the new one gets here. Ram 2500 SB, not sure how it will work out but we'll see. Got used to my super glide but it was damaged during the accident with my previous 5er about a month ago. Any thoughts on the superlite in a SB Ram? I like the concept of the easy install/uninstall of the superlite and AUH, but apprehensive about clearance etc. Comments accepted graciously!
    Sellis,

I pull my 2020 31MB with a 2016 Ram 2500 diesel short bed and AUB. I know thats not exactly the question you asked.

For the AUB, I turned the kin pin adapter backward to ensure i had bed rail clearance when turning. Some dealers/people aren’t aware that this is even possible. It’s not just possible, if the measurements work out, its recommended (all based on a simple math formula).

I bought my AUB from this person here in Colorado. He had a bunch of them in inventory as of two weeks ago when a friend bought one also. I love the AUB. If you call this shop, they might ship to you.

https://www.hitchcorner.com/fifth-wheel-hitch.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rgkeaney; 07-25-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my setup with my Pullrite Superlite and I think that you will like it I can get about an 80% if not a little more turn radius with it. Now I don't have the same fiver that you have but if the nose is curve I think it will be doable. If you have to do a 80% or a 90% turn you just get yourself at a better angle. In the pics that I post you get an ideal on how it look towing with the Pullrite Superlite I do love it, now I install the chain on mines our state don't require chain but it's good safety because if you are ever travel through those states that require them you will be good to go. I could have probably could go back a little more but I didn't want to chance it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3398.jpg   DSCN3407.jpg   DSCN3394.jpg   DSCN3395.jpg   DSCN3400.jpg  

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    This is my setup with my Pullrite Superlite and I think that you will like it I can get about an 80% if not a little more turn radius with it. Now I don't have the same fiver that you have but if the nose is curve I think it will be doable. If you have to do a 80% or a 90% turn you just get yourself at a better angle. In the pics that I post you get an ideal on how it look towing with the Pullrite Superlite I do love it, now I install the chain on mines our state don't require chain but it's good safety because if you are ever travel through those states that require them you will be good to go. I could have probably could go back a little more but I didn't want to chance it.
    Wow! I just broke out in a sweat looking at the photos, especially the one showing how close the unit is to the back window! My hitch is the ISR model and i was thinking that with the single point model there is an offset of a couple of inches as the cup sits behind the goose ball in the truck, is that right? My hitch cup is dead center of the axle and the only offset is with the kingpin part. In all the years of towing Id say that there has been 1-2 times I've ever had to do a full 90, this is our 5th 5er but my first experience with a "non common" type hitch. Ive got a goose neck equipment trailer but its a little bit different type of towing when all you see in your mirror is that rolling billboard behind you!lol BTW, Nice post and photos, thank you

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    Sellis,

I pull my 2020 31MB with a 2016 Ram 2500 diesel short bed and AUB. I know thats not exactly the question you asked.

For the AUB, I turned the kin pin adapter backward to ensure i had bed rail clearance when turning. Some dealers/people aren’t aware that this is even possible. It’s not just possible, if the measurements work out, its recommended (all based on a simple math formula).

I bought my AUB from this person here in Colorado. He had a bunch of them in inventory as of two weeks ago when a friend bought one also. I love the AUB. If you call this shop, they might ship to you.

https://www.hitchcorner.com/fifth-wheel-hitch.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll check out their website. If they will ship and its in stock I'll get it from them and cancel my other order. Ive already got the pull rite in the truck and am still gonna get an AUH and see for myself which one is best for my TV and unit. I'll follow up with a post on the pros and cons of each along with photos. At least it'll give a perspective for folks with the same questions that I've had. If the pull rite is better for me then I'll sell the AHU, if the AHU works better then I'll give the pull rite back to my buddy and say thanks for letting me borrow it!LOL Hopefully I'll get it figured out and move on to something else worry about! LOL Thanks for your post

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the places we go I should never do 80% or 90% degree I back my fiver this way with the help of my wife so I can see my limitations.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    All the places we go I should never do 80% or 90% degree I back my fiver this way with the help of my wife so I can see my limitations.
    The photos really give me confidence in the pull rite. I/we pick up the new unit on thursday and I should get familiar with the operation. I also noticed the bumper step on yer TV, is that a besttop? I also installed a 5th wheel tailgate on my TV and it makes a world of difference to hook up the unit. I opted for the steel instead of the plastic models. Thank you for yer service to this great country and congrats on yer retirement!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1982.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	28339

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spartacus,
    Do you have any chucking with your Superlite hitch? I had one installed almost a year ago and I have a rougher ride now with my 5er than I did with my travel trailer..I never towed a 5th wheel before and this was my first hitch. It is similar to riding a bucking bronco..although it is a dream to hook up I hate it. Any ideas to remedy or just get a superglide?
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis View Post
    The photos really give me confidence in the pull rite. I/we pick up the new unit on thursday and I should get familiar with the operation. I also noticed the bumper step on yer TV, is that a besttop? I also installed a 5th wheel tailgate on my TV and it makes a world of difference to hook up the unit. I opted for the steel instead of the plastic models. Thank you for yer service to this great country and congrats on yer retirement!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1982.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	28339

Thank you sir, I did twenty-eight years in the Army I went in back in 1972, but do you have just the rail do you have the B&W gooseneck ball hitch also? I have the factory pucks system and the gooseneck package in my ram.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Spartacus,
    Do you have any chucking with your Superlite hitch? I had one installed almost a year ago and I have a rougher ride now with my 5er than I did with my travel trailer..I never towed a 5th wheel before and this was my first hitch. It is similar to riding a bucking bronco..although it is a dream to hook up I hate it. Any ideas to remedy or just get a superglide?

I don't have any chucking whatsoever but I do have the MorRyde pin box which I think make a different and I also have the CRE3000 suspension.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast