0 Thread(s)

pull out bed in 337rls

has anyone had the straps on the inside of the bed break? Tara

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two straps broke this weekend on the pull out bed in our brand new (3 weeks) 375RE. I cannot believe that the furniture manufacturer chose that as their design. The middle cushion on our couches is held in place by 6 puny 1/2 inch plastic straps wrapped around the tubular steel frame. The straps are no stronger than those used to secure a stack of newspapers. It is an embarrassingly cheap design and ridiculously under engineered.

Our dealer sent a mobile tech out this past Friday to follow up on needed repairs/replacements identified during our PDI (a couple of bad can lights, poorly functioning pocket door on bathroom, king bed upgrade). While the tech was there, we had him document some additional issues that came up after our delivery: switch on island does nothing (see thread I started in electrical), random intermittent popping of the 6 point leveling system (as mentioned in other threads), the straps on the pull out bed noted above, and a bad relay on the hot water heater (emits a loud whining sound when the heater is running). The tech said that there have been several calls on the couch straps, but their dealer nor GD have a solution yet. The tech acknowledged that our switch is wired wrong (controls both the dining light and the blue LEDs on island), but was unable to solve the wiring problem. They will be back out in the future to replace the motherboard on the hot water tank.

My temporary solution for the couch bed was to use a nylon strap and come along on the cushion (tucked neatly within the cushion cover) as a temp repair and keep the bed usable. I will post the solution when GD/Dealer provide it. I mentioned to the dealer that the leveling system issues is well documented and has a seemingly straight-forward fix (replacement of hydraulic fluid with a less temperature sensitive brand). They told me that they will need to talk to GD about it and get back to me.

Reserving judgement... for now. Trying not to be too disappointed, but definitely disillusioned.
    Jon and Deb Johnston
    Solitude 375RE
    Owners in Sunnybrook RV Resort
    South Haven, MI
    Not full timing yet, but working towards it :cool:

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had a couple of straps break while trying to put sheets on the fold out bed. It also sits very unlevel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. Please let me know how they fix the situation. Calling dealer tomorrow to get it in. We just picked it up this past wes from the service department for a new rear stabilizer switch that went out on us while we were out in Utah! had to hand crank for 3 weeks! Tara