User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    My god, all I can think, "I'm so glad I don't tow my RV in places like that". Forget about the low bridge, just, well, everything in those pictures screams "towing nightmare" to me.
    You will find that in any major city. Huston comes to mind with 6 lanes of warp speed drivers then there is Dallas and Shreveport, the rough section, at rush hour. I will no longer drive through Atlanta (there are some beautiful country roads around). Even Abq NM is getting bad. Then there is California....we wont go there. Took 30+ miles for me to pull over to get fuel south of the Napa Valley (where all of the wind power is on the hill above). A kind truck driver took pity and blocked for me to get over the 2 lanes (out of 6).

All I can say is just slow down, know where your going. Put flashers on if you need, but best is to find and alternate routs. Ask before you get there and stay out of rush hour.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    My god, all I can think, "I'm so glad I don't tow my RV in places like that". Forget about the low bridge, just, well, everything in those pictures screams "towing nightmare" to me.
    I have a different attitude about driving my rig in traffic: If a truck driver can drive in the road then I can do it too!!! There is no place that an 18 wheeler can go that I shouldn't be able to go.

That being said; I will try to time by traverse through a city to avoid rush hour. I can always stop to take a nap and have dinner while the traffic clears and then drive through a city after the heavy traffic hours.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This video makes me cringe every time I see it. It makes you think. You must be aware of what’s around you at all times. I don’t know, but it looks like this guys could have been seriously injured or worse. Pay attention and be safe.

https://youtu.be/9ybzDGn1twE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twice this week I had to react to a yellow information signs while hauling a trailer.

I had a very unexpected and short notice trip East with a friend’s dually pulling his enclosed car hauler to deliver a car and pick up the classic that broke down on him.

First night I stopped in Erie, Pa.. Headed out to find some supper and while sitting at a light I saw the dreaded low clearance sign that said 12’2”. Having no idea how tall I was, I turned and chose another route.

After making the car swap, I drove through Cuyahoga Valley NP as a scouting trip for future trips. Just as I started to turn, I saw a sign that said “Load Limit 5 ton Ahead”. Math while driving is not easy, but I quickly added F350 + enclosed car trailer + 67 Chevelle and couldn’t figure out any way it came out less than 10,000lbs.

Honestly felt very dumb hitting the road not knowing my height or weight. My excuse is I was on the road about 3 hours after getting his call.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567