User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equal-i-zer Hitch

After months of waiting, our 2021 17mke has been delivered to the dealer and is ready for pick-up next weekend. Unfortunately, the 8,000 lb equilizer hitches are out of stock. The dealer is suggesting the 10,000 lb hitch. Will there be any issues going with this size hitch?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a better choice! You can then carry it over to your next camper, which will undoubtedly get larger (and heavier)! If you're in the mid-Atlantic, I have a nice used one for sale, complete with the properly rated ball that'll save you $$$ over new retail price.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tzomerdyk View Post
    After months of waiting, our 2021 17mke has been delivered to the dealer and is ready for pick-up next weekend. Unfortunately, the 8,000 lb equilizer hitches are out of stock. The dealer is suggesting the 10,000 lb hitch. Will there be any issues going with this size hitch?
    I agree with Rob. And welcome [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id go ahead and buy the bigger one if you can.. usually there's not much difference in price from one model to the next one. We bought a camper a year ago and with it a 10,000lb equalizer and then this year we upgraded to a GD and were going to have to upgrade the hitch too. I went ahead and bought the 14,000 one even though I probably could have gotten away with the 12,000. Allows for growth and a little overkill never hurts.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alternatively, if you’re not set on the equalizer, the Blue Ox hitch can be ordered and all you replace is the bars to go heavier or lighter. Can’t tell you which works better since I don’t have both.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH