User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    When turning on gas switch, it never attempts to light. Checked fuse, thermal cutoff, pulled plugs, checked and reseated, unplugged pilot diode... all seems well.

Lots of documentation on Robert Shaw and White Rodgers but I have neither. Last troubleshooting was to check thermostat but diagrams do not show it.

I put in call to mobile tech. Thanks for helping.
    I’m sure you’ve checked this already and it sounds simple, make sure both of your propane tank valves are open and you have propane of course.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only one open, but the switch points to it. Also confirmed had by fitting up the outdoor kitchen. Gas line is the same (T connection) and HWH comes after it (2 feet).

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your gas stove light? What about the circuit breakers and fuses in the coach? Can you hear the HWH running on propane? Can you hear the clicking when it tries to light?
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, outdoor stove works. HWH is just past that. Checked fuse. Never tries to light. I opened the panel to watch.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, here is another one...is the gas line pinched between the outdoor stove and the hwh? Low pressure will prevent operation, iirc.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 days in with Imagine 2800BH and thinking I've hit a lemon

Yes, outdoor stove works. HWH is just past that. Checked fuse. Never tries to light. I opened the panel to watch.
    When you flip the switch on to start it on propane, do you hear the ignitor trying to kick on? It will sound like a bunch of clicks. If not, I believe you have a bad ignitor board which is the same thing that happened on my last trailer three years ago within 3 months of buying it new.

2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Anderson ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Champion dual fuel 3500 generator
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    Dinosaur electronics ignitor board
    Micro-air easy start
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right... checked. No click, no 2nd nor 3rd. And local GD dealer is not on Dometic's web site as authorized. Closest one to Detroit is a mobile only tech over an hour away. Heard I am stuck with mobile fee. Ugh, this blows.

If it were the only thing...well, bleep happens. But with a list of about 8 or 9 items, ..rubs me raw.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 days in with Imagine 2800BH and thinking I've hit a lemon

Right... checked. No click, no 2nd nor 3rd. And local GD dealer is not on Dometic's web site as authorized. Closest one to Detroit is a mobile only tech over an hour away. Heard I am stuck with mobile fee. Ugh, this blows.

If it were the only thing...well, bleep happens. But with a list of about 8 or 9 items, ..rubs me raw.
    Sound alike some things piling up. That sucks for sure. I had a similar situation with the Starcraft trailer I bought 30 months ago. Lots of annoying issues and many where starcrafts issue, not the vendor of the different device.

With that being said, you can manually ignite the flame in the hot water heater. If no clicking, then it’s almost certainly your ignitor board. I could have dealt with mine under warranty (in the Starcraft) but did not want another replacement POS ignitor board. So I ordered and paid for the dinosaur.

It’s too bad you are having the issues you are. I can appreciate your frustration.

On my brand new 31MB (2020 that I took position of 4 weeks ago or so) I have had a couple of issues. Pocket door rail pull out deep inside the pocket. Figured out how to fix myself. Some loose trim pieces inside. I added some screws to fix the poor staple job.

I have a slide in the bunk room that sort of “pop” when I first start moving it in or out. “Pops” within about 3 inches of starting to move then completes travel without issue.

Anything and everything you can fix on your own I think you should. You can trust your fixes. Never know what the “dealers” are really doing.

2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Anderson ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Champion dual fuel 3500 generator
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    Dinosaur electronics ignitor board
    Micro-air easy start
    Last edited by Rgkeaney; 07-26-2020 at 05:29 PM.
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is a bad board. Everyone is very focused on hearing the ignition, but he said it doesnt work on electric either; either a lack of 12v or the circuit board is really the only thing in common with gas and electric.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s very frustrating. Have you actually contacted GD CS about your issues and mobile tech fee? I’ve read elsewhere they will work with you.

Also, could you please give an update how the HWH issue eventually gets resolved? This will help others who come across the same problem. Thanks!
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast