User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished with GD. Waiting for her to email me. She requested my list of issues (the warranty items) and pictures I have. She was also interested in a list of quality issues (like the tech who did the lap caulk on the roof got it everywhere...I can pull it off but goes to quality of work).

She is providing a list of in network and out of network dealers and added it is pretty much everybody but Camping World (didn't know they did service...interesting GD is ok with nearly everyone but them).

Calling dealer next as she said they should be able to work on the HWH and funnel through them.

Will let you know the outcome of everything. It truly blows to have 10 items for warranty and then have the HWH go after 9 days of ownership and 5 in the trailer, but the bright side could be how GD steps up. This was 1 of 2 big reasons I bought the GD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. We have a 2500rl and had the identical HWH issue. We finally solved it - the winterization valves for the HWH were not set correctly. Once I crawled under the cabinet and set them to the correct sequence for usage the HWH fired up on propane and has worked great ever since. Maybe worth checking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard from the mobile tech company. GD said to skip calling Dometic, get to an authorized GD location if possible, else just about any (she sent a link) but added, "we will work with just about anyone but Camping World." (Lmao). Got her into the RV service near the campground (they sell GD).

The thermostat and the thermal cutoff was bad. The thermo cutoff did not have a break, nor melted, ...was barely discolored. Multimeter proved it. He suspects the thermostat was failing, kept calling for heat then must have shorted itself out along with the thermo cutoff.

At GD's request, I sent in photos of all my problems and 1 QA observation (whomever did the lap caulk on the roof got in everywhere). But that was a week ago and I have not heard back.

Thanks to all who have weighed in. Appreciate the love in helping a noob.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes a person will shut off the shower using the temporary shutoff at the shower head and forget to shut off the main shower valves. This will create a link between the hot and cold lines and make the water slightly warm throughout the RV. Always remember to tun the temporary shutoff on the shower head to allow full flow and then turn the water off with the main shower valves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Frustrating, yes, but none of those items are major issues, certainly doesnt prevent camping while working on a solution.

What's with the no hot water, have you had hot water and now dont, or never had it? Please provide more details, are you trying to use electric or gas, shore power available or dry camping? Is the water warm, just not hot, or completely cold?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I have been camping for over 50yrs and had more than one trailer with no hot water heater and also an ice box instead of a frig. We warmed up water on the stove for washing dishes etc. In those days the campgrounds sold ice in blocks. We used the campground facilities for showers. Inconvenient yes, but it didn't stop us from camping. Enjoy yourself and fix it when you get home.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Problem was fixed. See above.

2. Covid = showers, and really nearly all facilities are closed.

3. Wife won't go without creature comforts. Defeats why we bought an RV like an Imagine. It's like a tent otherwise. She would shudder and be a "he-- no" to what you describe.

This is a new unit. While I could understand an issue arise, I shouldn't have to figure out work arounds and fix so many items so early. I have a growing list. The latest is the valve for the city / tank water on the docking station is broken. Has been from day 1 apparently. Fresh water tank slowly fills with water even though I am on city. I have to pull the valve every other day and empty it.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I have been camping for over 50yrs and had more than one trailer with no hot water heater and also an ice box instead of a frig. We warmed up water on the stove for washing dishes etc. In those days the campgrounds sold ice in blocks. We used the campground facilities for showers. Inconvenient yes, but it didn't stop us from camping. Enjoy yourself and fix it when you get home.
    Thanks for the response, but I wasnt the one who had the problems. I was just commenting on the topic, I hear ya though. Just gotta adapt to the situation and enjoy yourself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    Never heard from the mobile tech company. GD said to skip calling Dometic, get to an authorized GD location if possible, else just about any (she sent a link) but added, "we will work with just about anyone but Camping World." (Lmao). Got her into the RV service near the campground (they sell GD).

The thermostat and the thermal cutoff was bad. The thermo cutoff did not have a break, nor melted, ...was barely discolored. Multimeter proved it. He suspects the thermostat was failing, kept calling for heat then must have shorted itself out along with the thermo cutoff.

At GD's request, I sent in photos of all my problems and 1 QA observation (whomever did the lap caulk on the roof got in everywhere). But that was a week ago and I have not heard back.

Thank you for following up. Glad you got it fixed!
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post

Glad you got it fixed
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking he is a lot like us first or second time new buyers. That your brand new RV has to spend a lot of time in for warranty work... it's frustrating...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast