User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone added a subwoofer for their stock Furrion system?

I have the Furrion DV3200 head unit in my trailer. I bought a Rockville under-seat subwoofer, which is speaker and amp in one. It fits on a shelf under the TV (for now). I ran the +12v wire to power and ground wire to a ground on a AC outlet. I'm getting power at the subwoofer, but it's not turning on because it needs a 5VDC 'remote' wire connected to the head unit. I don't see any 'remote' output on this Furrion head unit. Apparently, without that the subwoofer will not power on.

Has anyone successfully wired up a subwoofer to their stock Furrion subwoofer out and got it to work? I could maybe connect that 'remote' wire to a 12VDC source on the head unit and put a resistor or something inline to step it down to 5VDC if I can find out how to do that. Any ideas?
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch this video. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    I have the Furrion DV3200 head unit in my trailer. I bought a Rockville under-seat subwoofer, which is speaker and amp in one. It fits on a shelf under the TV (for now). I ran the +12v wire to power and ground wire to a ground on a AC outlet. I'm getting power at the subwoofer, but it's not turning on because it needs a 5VDC 'remote' wire connected to the head unit. I don't see any 'remote' output on this Furrion head unit. Apparently, without that the subwoofer will not power on.

Has anyone successfully wired up a subwoofer to their stock Furrion subwoofer out and got it to work? I could maybe connect that 'remote' wire to a 12VDC source on the head unit and put a resistor or something inline to step it down to 5VDC if I can find out how to do that. Any ideas?
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have ESP... I just found that very video and watched it before reading your post. :-) I found out the remote voltage is 12V, so I can connect to any of the 12V switched wires on the head unit - so that should not be a problem.

But I'm getting the Protect LED on the amp when I do that. I think my problem is the ground, which I connected to the ground in a AC outlet. I think I need to run a ground wire from the amp to the power board's ground connection instead. I'll try that tomorrow after I find some 10ga. wire somewhere. They only gave me 30" of ground wire in my kit, which isn't enough to reach the power panel.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12V stuff needs to stay with 12v. Don't hook the ground to the AC ground. Just find a 12V ground and you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    You have ESP... I just found that very video and watched it before reading your post. :-) I found out the remote voltage is 12V, so I can connect to any of the 12V switched wires on the head unit - so that should not be a problem.

But I'm getting the Protect LED on the amp when I do that. I think my problem is the ground, which I connected to the ground in a AC outlet. I think I need to run a ground wire from the amp to the power board's ground connection instead. I'll try that tomorrow after I find some 10ga. wire somewhere. They only gave me 30" of ground wire in my kit, which isn't enough to reach the power panel.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK all set! My mistake on the protect mode. It automatically starts up in protect mode, and if I just waited a few seconds it would have turned on. I was just touching the wire to the remote terminal and saw the red light. Once I connected everything securely, it works like a champ. I connected the blue remote wire from the amp to the pink Power Antenna wire on the back of the head unit - it's perfect, turning on the amp when the head unit is on, and off when the head unit is off. The sound in the camper is WAY better with some bass - the stock speakers in the ceiling are pretty bad by themselves. :-)
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to add that I purchased some 6 1/2" speakers to replace the woeful paper cone speakers that are in the ceiling. I got the Blaupunkt GTX650 pair, which are 4-way speakers and they sound fantastic... 100% better than the original ones. They sound great with the stock Furrion head unit. They fit perfectly into the same hole, the existing wiring will fit on them, and all I had to do was drill 4 holes into the ceiling to mount them. These are 'car' speakers, not marine speakers, but I think they will be fine in the camper since they are not exposed to the weather. And they're less than $30!
    2017 Imagine 2150RB