Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sewage vent

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I used to use the GEO Method until I could not find Calgone anywhere anymore. What are you using for water softener powder and where do you get it now?

Thanks,
    Rpb
    Saw a large stock of the liquid Calgon water softener at my local Wally World last week. It was in the dishwasher detergent section. Used to order 3-packs from walmart.com because it wasn't stocked locally. Not sure what changed. Have also seen it at our farmer's co op.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Saw a large stock of the liquid Calgon water softener at my local Wally World last week. It was in the dishwasher detergent section. Used to order 3-packs from walmart.com because it wasn't stocked locally. Not sure what changed. Have also seen it at our farmer's co op.
    From a weight perspective, I rather carry a box of the borax crystals than a jug of liquid Calgon. The borax is cheaper, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use all three (dawn dish detergent, Calgon, and Borax) to keep everything smelling nice. Even with that, we ended up having to replace our AAV in the bathroom. Since then, no issues.

These days, it seems harder to find Dawn dish detergent than Calgon or Borax in our area.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have a new 22MLE only been out three times, on the second time I starting have a similar problem. Even a quick flush will push sewer gas into the RV. I have been working with GD on the problem. Today I purchased a camera to go down the black tank vent pipe and found the following at 7 feet 5 inches down. The vent pipe is blocked except for a very small opening on one side. Not sure how they are going to fix it since I cannot get in in for warranty for for three months. Here are the pictures if anyone has any suggestions. The small black slot on the side is the only opening and that is not the bottom of the tank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_002.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	28492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_003.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	28493
    KY22MLE
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2014 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4X4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 Imagine 2800 BH and have experienced something similar. We are just back from camping for 6 weeks and we have noticed some of the same odors, but primarily outside the camper. However one night, we were going to bed about 5 weeks into the trip and it was a day after we had fully flushed the BWT and the smell was over-powering inside the rig. It appears that the AC unit was sucking in the BWT odor from the roof. It was 11 at night but the smell was so bad we couldn't sleep. We added some AquaChem and some water into the tank and the smell went away. For the last week of the trip we made sure to keep some "clean" water in the tank after flushing and also made sure to add a treatment tab after each time we flushed.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reedry1 View Post
    We have a 2020 Imagine 2800 BH and have experienced something similar. We are just back from camping for 6 weeks and we have noticed some of the same odors, but primarily outside the camper. However one night, we were going to bed about 5 weeks into the trip and it was a day after we had fully flushed the BWT and the smell was over-powering inside the rig. It appears that the AC unit was sucking in the BWT odor from the roof. It was 11 at night but the smell was so bad we couldn't sleep. We added some AquaChem and some water into the tank and the smell went away. For the last week of the trip we made sure to keep some "clean" water in the tank after flushing and also made sure to add a treatment tab after each time we flushed.
    RV ACs do not "suck in" outside air - they recirculate inside air. I'd look for another source.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if the smell is always there for you or just when you flush but one thing I've noticed that brings the scent into the coach is if I have the windows closed and the AC running or the vent fan in the bathroom running and I hold the foot pedal open for more than a few seconds. There is a bit of a vacuum created in the coach when it's closed up tight like that and the fan or AC are pulling air up and out of the coach. My solution is to momentarily shut the fan off, flush, then turn it back on and that seems to help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plugger sewer vent?

Quote Originally Posted by ky22mle View Post
    So I have a new 22MLE only been out three times, on the second time I starting have a similar problem. Even a quick flush will push sewer gas into the RV. I have been working with GD on the problem. Today I purchased a camera to go down the black tank vent pipe and found the following at 7 feet 5 inches down. The vent pipe is blocked except for a very small opening on one side. Not sure how they are going to fix it since I cannot get in in for warranty for for three months. Here are the pictures if anyone has any suggestions. The small black slot on the side is the only opening and that is not the bottom of the tank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_002.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	28492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_003.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	28493
    That photo looks like a plastic test cap was not removed before gluing the next fitting on. It is a thin disc glued in place to test the waste pipes on the plumbing. The center gets broken out after the waterproof test has been completed to allow proper flow. I am not sure what you see as a small opening, the ABS glue is black. Pour 1/4 cup of liquid down there and see if it passes thru. The cap can be broken out with a section of re-bar or electrical ground rod but the piece may go down the pipe and plug up the drain system later. Try to break it partially out to open the vent up halfway with-out dislodging the whole piece. Go to a hardware store first and look at the plug to see what you may be up against. That's what I would try to do instead of wait 3 months, camping season would be over.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no more Galgon in Canada but you can order it online and have it shipped. That's what we did 2 months ago. Had 3 bottles delivered. Next time we cross the border we will grab some more.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlk111 View Post
    That photo looks like a plastic test cap was not removed before gluing the next fitting on. It is a thin disc glued in place to test the waste pipes on the plumbing. The center gets broken out after the waterproof test has been completed to allow proper flow. I am not sure what you see as a small opening, the ABS glue is black. Pour 1/4 cup of liquid down there and see if it passes thru. The cap can be broken out with a section of re-bar or electrical ground rod but the piece may go down the pipe and plug up the drain system later. Try to break it partially out to open the vent up halfway with-out dislodging the whole piece. Go to a hardware store first and look at the plug to see what you may be up against. That's what I would try to do instead of wait 3 months, camping season would be over.
    This is good to know. And @ky22mle thanks for the photos from your 22mle.

We’re fighting a bad sewer odor too. Smells similar to an open manhole cover in the street. Noticed it at last campground after trailer sat in our driveway with very hot temps for several days. I thought the Calgon, Dawn & the few gallons of water we put in it had dried up.

At the campground I climbed onto the roof and did a sniff test around the vent and could smell it. I then flushed the tank, added several gallons of water along with Calgon and Dawn and it helped. Upon leaving I repeated the process but added between 5-6 gallons of water.

We have another trip in about three weeks. Before leaving I’ll open the toilet to test the smell. If it’s there again, I’m going to add more water and some bleach. We’ve been following the GEO method for several years with good results and have not had the smell we have now.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast