User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frameless Window Leak

Our window in the rear 1/2 bath would leak water during heavy rain. We could see the water flowing down the exterior wall over the gutter directly on top of the window and then the water would enter inside under the window frame and collect on the floor. The window frame was dry, so it seems like the water was entering around the frame rather than the window itself being faulty.

Our dealer investigated and repaired by sealing the window. My concern is, their seal repair seems to be a thick bead of clear silicone caulk around the window.

Does anyone know how these windows are sealed when they're installed? More importantly, how should they be repaired when the seal fails?
    2021 Momentum 395M-R
    2020 Ford F450
    Reese Goosebox 20k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have an answer for you. But I have the EXACT same leak with the exact same frameless window in the same 1/2 bath. I wasn’t sure where it is entering but it comes streaming down the wall on both the left and right side bottom of the inside window frame. Can end up being quite a bit of water. I don’t see anywhere else in the inside e that appears wet. Is your seal still holding up??

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not 100% sure to be honest. It’s covered in storage and fortunately we had very little rain on our last few trips. I’ll be washing it in the next month or 2 so that will be a good test. I’ll report back if we have any issues.