User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold 1210t loses power when unpluged!

I know that sounds weird, but if we are on shore power we can switch the refrigerator from AC to LP and all is well. But the minute we unplug to shore power we have no power to the refrigerator. Seems like we have all the remaining items like the interior lights, motion lights, etc.

I had the truck hooked up before I removed the shore power. We usually have the truck and 5th wheel hitched and 7pin connector plugged in before we remove the shore power and reset the refrigerator to LP. On another post I read about a 5amp fuse that would blow, but will that keep the refrigerator from powering on with LP only but allow it to run on AC?

Appreciate any help. Don't know much about all this stuff - still learning.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The power that goes to the refrigerator when unplugged is 12V, so I’d check that on the circuit board. Do the lights inside the rig dim when you shut the shore power off?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a 12 volt issue. Check the fuse panel, and also the back of the fridge.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inside fuses look good. On battery power only I have lights and they don't dim, on recommendation from Grand Design I am going to check the batteries (both replaced in March 2020). How do you get the circuit board out? Are the wires all push/plug in? I'm afraid of yanking something out when it shouldn't be yanked!

Still checking, have called a mobile repair thru Preferred RV Roadside Assistance, but they can't get here until next Wednesday and we're leaving on Thursday for the coast. Cutting it really close!
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, this one's on me!

When we were loading up yesterday in Kerrville in the very humid hot sun after an early morning rain that made it feel like an oven. We hit the battery disconnect and disconnected it. After looking at everything this morning and a nice call to Grand Design Customer Service who suggested checking the battery. Checked the battery current while the DW turned on the lights. Battery current didn't move and lights didn't come on. Strange, pulled the chair out of the basement and the battery disconnect popped out.

Sometimes the last thing you check should be the first thing. The DW stated that we didn't have any lights inside but thought that was normal so she didn't say anything.

So if you're every in Central Texas after a thunderstorm and you feel like you're being baked like a brownie, so you start packing stuff as fast as you can before you have a heat-stroke and then you have no power to the lights or refrigerator check the disconnect.

What was that famous quote "stupid is as stupid does" and boy do I feel stupid. Wonder if the DW feels sorry for me, working so hard all day? Na.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx