User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GW, that's the way my 303 storage tube is. 1 screw on pass side.
    Frank & PJ
    2018 303 RLS
    2004 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4x4 Sierra

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    I plan on contacting GD to see if they will give me the instructions that they are sending to the dealer service departments. If it is one hour, I am pretty sure it will be an easy fix, if they will let me do it on my own. There should only be one at each slide, possibly two.
    GD I guess has no interest in owners doing the repair themselves as they have not responded to my request to do the repairs myself.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    GD I guess has no interest in owners doing the repair themselves as they have not responded to my request to do the repairs myself.
    I was told because it's a safety issue (hence the NHTSA recall), it has to be done, and reported as done, by an authorized repair person.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your dealership sent you the instructions could you please post them on here... it would save many of us that have the mechanical know-how time and money by avoiding the dealership. Thanks in advance.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    If your dealership sent you the instructions could you please post them on here... it would save many of us that have the mechanical know-how time and money by avoiding the dealership. Thanks in advance.
    Yes, I would also like to see the instructions. Pretty sure I’ll do a better job than my dealership can do��.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely not worth the trip to dealer. I removed 4 screws from the bottom skirt (section right underneath the steps close to the slide). After opening the connector was just seating there on the floor, took a tie strap, and strapped it to upper frame. Took less than 12 minutes. I live in California, work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week on the ship, really do not have the time to take it to a dealer for such a simple fix, GD should find a way around this. I have a 2016 reflection 357

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gogeta757 View Post
    Definitely not worth the trip to dealer. I removed 4 screws from the bottom skirt (section right underneath the steps close to the slide). After opening the connector was just seating there on the floor, took a tie strap, and strapped it to upper frame. Took less than 12 minutes. I live in California, work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week on the ship, really do not have the time to take it to a dealer for such a simple fix, GD should find a way around this. I have a 2016 reflection 357
    Hopefully, there won't be any insurance issues due to you doing the fix yourself. Yes, it's a small risk, but it's there.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Hopefully, there won't be any insurance issues due to you doing the fix yourself. Yes, it's a small risk, but it's there.
    Don’t ask, don’t tell.

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The connector is now strapped in a safer position which is my #1 priority, instead of laying on the floor

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received this email from a Grand Design service department regarding my request for instructions to do the recall.

Since this is a recall, only dealers, certified service professionals or sublets can perform this repair. You can take your unit to an RV repair facility of your choosing. The service provider that you choose may bill you directly, but we will reimburse you for the repair once we receive the invoice. We ask that you have the service center contact us for the repair instructions.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast