User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110V electrical connectors (Molex connectors); NHTSA Recall Number: 20V-362

Has anyone else received this recall letter?

Recalls
    NHTSA Recall Number: 20V-362

TC Recall Number: 2020-280

Date Released: 7/20/20

Units Affected: 2016-2019 Reflection Fifth-Wheel & Travel Trailer Vehicles

Build Dates: April 2, 2015 through October 31, 2018

VIN Range:
    573FR3320G3303151 through 573FR3729K3322591 (non-sequential)
    573TR3728G3303251 through 573TR382XK3322617 (non-sequential)
    573FR3522H3404559 through 573FR3526K3410940 (non-sequential)
    573TR3428K3410149 through 573TR3621K3410927 (non-sequential)

Summary: On affected vehicles, the 110V electrical connectors (Molex connectors) below the floor may not be properly secured and could potentially make their way to the bottom of the underbelly. In the event of water intrusion into the underbelly area, the potential exists for the Molex connector(s) to come in contact with water, creating the possibility of a short circuit and possible fire.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...l%20Letter.pdf

https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...l%20Letter.pdf
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 03/2018,
    Sailun 235/80/16 G Rated tires, TST507 TPMS,
    Titan electric / hydraulic Disc Brakes
    2015 Ford Platinum 6.7 Short Bed, B&W Turnoverball,
    Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got mine today. Our VIN is one on the recall I'm hoping this has something to do with the periodic "Wiring Fault at Trailer" I get every so often.

UPDATE
    I scheduled mine this morning. According to the recall letter repair takes less than 1 hour.
    Last edited by RobertS377; 07-28-2020 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Update

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on contacting GD to see if they will give me the instructions that they are sending to the dealer service departments. If it is one hour, I am pretty sure it will be an easy fix, if they will let me do it on my own. There should only be one at each slide, possibly two.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    I plan on contacting GD to see if they will give me the instructions that they are sending to the dealer service departments. If it is one hour, I am pretty sure it will be an easy fix, if they will let me do it on my own. There should only be one at each slide, possibly two.
    I'm in the same boat, getting ready to contact GD also about fixing it myself. It will take me an hour to get to the closest dealer. My only concern is the cover, hoping it is just installed with fasteners. Do not want to cut the bottom open. I haven't looked yet to see.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    Please keeps us informed on what GD says. I'll make the fix also if I can locate the problem.
    Frank & PJ
    2018 303 RLS
    2004 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4x4 Sierra

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WE-C-USA View Post
    Please keeps us informed on what GD says. I'll make the fix also if I can locate the problem.
    Called GD customer service, (number on the letter), and the answer is no. They will not let you repair a "recall" item. They will authorize a mobile tech to come do the work.
    Supposed to get an email today with the authorization letter and what they will pay a mobile tech.
    Scooter, Paulette, (DW)
    2018 303 RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 6.7 CTD AISIN
    B&W Rv3600 hitch

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwjetboat View Post
    Called GD customer service, (number on the letter), and the answer is no. They will not let you repair a "recall" item. They will authorize a mobile tech to come do the work.
    Supposed to get an email today with the authorization letter and what they will pay a mobile tech.
    Same here - called GD and asked if we could just have it fixed ourselves and was told it had to be an authorized repair person due to it being a safety recall.

Also told them we really didn't want to take it into our dealer (nothing good to say about their service department). Guy on the phone responded "yeah, I've been hearing that a LOT today." But we have to take it to the dealer.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update. I call it BS, about being the safety recall thing,I received the Microwave "safety recall". And there was a easy DIY fix. It was also about fire hazards. All we/I. need to know is what part of the bottom needs dropped. Everyone has Zip Ties.
    Frank & PJ
    2018 303 RLS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WE-C-USA View Post
    Thanks for the update. I call it BS, about being the safety recall thing,I received the Microwave "safety recall". And there was a easy DIY fix. It was also about fire hazards. All we/I. need to know is what part of the bottom needs dropped. Everyone has Zip Ties.
    Well, the microwave '"recall" wasn't really a recall. It was, apparently, part of a "customer service program" done due to the number of people calling in and asking about it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Well, the microwave '"recall" wasn't really a recall. It was, apparently, part of a "customer service program" done due to the number of people calling in and asking about it.
    Thanks for correcting my statement. But I still stand firm on it's a easy DIY fix. I've seen several mobile RV repairmen/ Dealers, that I would't want to open the bottom of our rig.
    Frank & PJ
    2018 303 RLS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast