User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on our recall fix:

Never did receive email of paperwork from dealer service department. My husband called the following Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and got the "OK, we'll send the info to the service manager and get it sent out".......Yeah, right.

Finally, drove back to dealer yesterday, and got the paperwork.

I'm still not impressed with service department at dealership. But, at least, it's done.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if we did the fix ourselves how that would affect an insurance claim or resale etc. If it was not signed off by a dealer or authorized service shop. Its is an easy fix.

Randy
    2007 GMC 3500 crew cab dually (classic)
    6.6 Duramax 6 speed Allison with Banks Economind Tuner
    stainless 4" exhaust.
    2017 Grand Design Reflections 303 RLS.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongwayrver View Post
    I wonder if we did the fix ourselves how that would affect an insurance claim or resale etc. If it was not signed off by a dealer or authorized service shop. Its is an easy fix.

Randy
    As long as you have a paper trail and pictures of it completed you should be okay. GD needs to have a paper trail (invoice for Doing work from any repair shop) to show it was done. Otherwise it will show up on their records as being an open recall on your trailer. Send it to GD service department via email as evidence it was completed. Email to [email protected]. They will send you a check for the expense to get it done if you don’t use a GD dealer.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my connectors myself. Not only did I tie wrapped them to the chassis I also double bagged them in zip lock bags. I am sure this is much better than any fix a repair shop would have done. I will deal with any issues with the recall when they arise but I am satisfied with my fix. Photos were taken.
    Last edited by Cahriad; 10-18-2020 at 03:31 PM.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I didn't bag mine. I secure them with at least twice the ties that a dealer would and saved many miles & hours doing it myself.
    Frank & PJ
    2018 303 RLS
    2004 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4x4 Sierra

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456